Should I have any reservations buying a Canadian Gen 3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hingedthinker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am looking at a 2021 37PP / Recaro Gen 3 that is an import from Canada. It’s a 1 owner vehicle and has only 3800 miles on it with a build date of 2/2022. I have been discussing it with them and i am close to a good deal on it but I wanted in inquire more knowledgeable minds about Canadian Fords. From what i have learned ford will cover the warranty in USA so that’s great, but are there any negatives to buying this? Does fordpass and the data work in USA? Anything that comes or doesn’t come with a canadian ford?
never turn the lights off it will get scared

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Definately stay away - you'll acquire the impulsive urge to pull into Tim Horton's and spend all your loonies/toonies on triple/triples
Haha Donny’s (McDs) coffee is way better than Timmy Ho’s.

Next time you’re up try a Wayne Gretzky at Tim’s. 9x9 sugar and cream. :doublepuke:

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was warned a couple years ago by a local dealer that some US cars and trucks were sent to Canada to get registered, then back to the states to sell. Somehow that enabled title and Car Fax to look good even though there should be issues shown.
Never got too far into looking at anything specific, it was just enough to make me turn away when I started seeing a LOT showing Canadian registrations at seemingly cheaper prices. Made me wonder.
Good luck and happy shopping.