Should I do it? Ram vs Raptor...deal inside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hawaiian Time

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you need maximum dollars for your Ram you need to sell it yourself outright. Lookup KBB Private Party Value then add at least $5k for your Lift Kit etc. If truck is in excellent condition and with low miles it should sell fast. Advertise it on AutoTrader, Cars.com, & CARFAX. People here in Las Vegas are hot for any newer lifted truck with big tires. If you have title to the Ram its easy to sell it yourself. I've done this several times to finance through our Credit Unions. Dealer will usually give you at least a week and hold your new truck.

Lock in your best deal on that Ruby Red Raptor and give them a $500 Deposit to hold the deal including the 0% 84 month loan. Sounds almost too good to be true. Dealer must be buying down the interest rate. Also, the price of that Ruby Red Raptor is a heck of a deal! Check the truck to be sure there are no issues. Was it originally shipped to that dealer - Window Sticker will show original Dealer Raptor was shipped to. How many miles are on it? Any evidence of flood damage? Rust on Undercarriage, Springs, Axles, Differentials? Ask them to throw in the longest Ford ESP Warranty available, just in case. Platinum 100k miles. Non Ford Extended Warranties are worthless pain in the @ss.

If you are not comfortable selling the Ram yourself, you can get an Instant Cash Offer through KBB.com from 2 or 3 local dealers. You may get more from a Dodge dealer or a Used Car Dealer who needs inventory. I've sold cars this way too and gotten as much as if I had sold it myself. You can go online and get an offer now subject to inspection. The dealers will tell you they can't give you much for the Aftermarket stuff and Lift Kit but they'll add $10,000 to Bluebook when they put it out on their lot!

Good luck on both sides! That Raptor sounds really nice if there are no issues. Allowing you to to take home 70 miles and keep it overnight is a very long test drive! That dealer is really going the extra miles to sell that Raptor!

After you close the deal and bring her home, please post some pics of your new Raptor

Aloha, HT

Last edited:

Killingtommygun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, looking for some opinions on the below deal. As of right now, I turned it down.

I have a paid for 2019 Ram Laramie with lift kit, after market wheel package, etc. Truck has 3K miles on it. I have been looking at 18 and 19 Raptors. I worked the below deal with local Ford dealership.

$44K for my Ram
$64,900 for 19 Raptor (MSRP $70,080) I believe it was $500 over invoice
- Ruby Red
- 802a
- Carbon package
- Forged Aluminum Wheels
- Tint
- Spray-in liner

I took the truck to Denver (70 miles each way, extended test drive) and kept over night. End up taking the Raptor back the next morning and couldn't pull the trigger. The salesman has since called me and offered 0% for 84 months along with a cooler and 2 Raptor hats lol!

I couldn't stomach the trade in price of the Ram. Worked hard to own it outright and would take a huge hit just to take another on a 19 Raptor. The lift package from the dealer was $10K and for trade in I'm getting about $3K added on.

Am I crazy to pass this deal up? Interested to hear other point of views! Thanks for your time.

What the shit, i didnt get any cool stuff with my Raptor. Just got it at $69K when the MSRP was $74K. Plus i couldnt even test drive the damn thing without a salesman being required to tag along. Thats a awesome dealership you went to!

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
What the shit, i didnt get any cool stuff with my Raptor. Just got it at $69K when the MSRP was $74K. Plus i couldnt even test drive the damn thing without a salesman being required to tag along. Thats a awesome dealership you went to!

Ha! I put about 160 miles or so on it. They knew I had to pick wife up from airport which is about 70 miles each way. They even filled the tank up,which I topped off before I took back.

Hawaiian Time

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Hawaiian Time thanks for all of the info. I wouldn't get the tax savings if I sold on my own. I might slightly come out ahead but not enough to make worth while.

True, on a newer trade the tax savings can be significant. Good luck! You will like the Raptor much more than Ram, especially if you do any real Off Roading.

What did the wife say when you picked her up at the airport in the Raptor?

Aloha, HT

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
True, on a newer trade the tax savings can be significant. Good luck! You will like the Raptor much more than Ram, especially if you do any real Off Roading.

What did the wife say when you picked her up at the airport in the Raptor?

Aloha, HT

She's a huge Boomer Sooner fan so the color was perfect lol.

Skai

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, that's the nice thing about trading in for a new car is that it covers the tax or a lot of it which is really nice.