Should I buy the Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sgt Beavis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welp, I passed 1, 2, 3, and 4. So I’m picking it up the day after Christmas. Wife is getting my modded Wrangler and we traded her un-modded Wrangler in for the Raptor. All I have to do is get it wrapped and she’s happy. I can’t wait to hit the trails in the beast.

DIGITALDUCKI

Reaction score
Really good question asked many times...but from my perspective, the answer essentially boils down to:

Assumption: If you are EVEN looking at a Raptor as an option, you already want one, so that case is closed, you are already 90% there.

2. Will the Raptor do what you need to do with it at a minimum (i.e. towing 8000lb no prob, seating capacity, etc.)? Yes/No? If no, you need MORE cowbell..…game over, thanks for playing, buy something bigger.

If Yes, proceed to question 3.

3. Can you (or are you WILLING to) afford a Raptor, all up, all in, wrapped costs (i.e. initial costs, pmt/interest, fuel, tires, maintenance, and MODS for gawd sake)? Yes/No?

If No, restructure search (and be brutally honest with yourself, it’s really ok NOT to do stupid and there of hundreds of places who give you lousy credit).

If Yes, proceed to question 4.

4. If you have a significant other, will the purchase of a Raptor damage this relationship? If yes....relationship over. Let me introduce you to your new Raptor.

Note:

a) Observe, I did not ask to "compare" the Raptor with any (read ANY) other vehicle with wheels. No other vehicle exists in this target class, stock from the factory, with a full factory warranty to compare to the Raptor at this or even close to this price point.

b) Any “I don’t know” in any category, don’t buy ANYTHING until you've done your homework.
Ya. https://www.basilvw.com/used/Ford/2017-Ford-F-150-6a82d2fe0a0e0ae71e4d0d97e1506caf.htm

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't even have to go through the 4 questions as I was looking at Raptors online and the wife walked by and said, "That's a nice looking truck, you should get one". Guess I married right!

will61

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really good question asked many times...but from my perspective, the answer essentially boils down to:

Assumption: If you are EVEN looking at a Raptor as an option, you already want one, so that case is closed, you are already 90% there.

2. Will the Raptor do what you need to do with it at a minimum (i.e. towing 8000lb no prob, seating capacity, etc.)? Yes/No? If no, you need MORE cowbell..…game over, thanks for playing, buy something bigger.

If Yes, proceed to question 3.

3. Can you (or are you WILLING to) afford a Raptor, all up, all in, wrapped costs (i.e. initial costs, pmt/interest, fuel, tires, maintenance, and MODS for gawd sake)? Yes/No?

If No, restructure search (and be brutally honest with yourself, it’s really ok NOT to do stupid and there of hundreds of places who give you lousy credit).

If Yes, proceed to question 4.

4. If you have a significant other, will the purchase of a Raptor damage this relationship? If yes....relationship over. Let me introduce you to your new Raptor.

Note:

a) Observe, I did not ask to "compare" the Raptor with any (read ANY) other vehicle with wheels. No other vehicle exists in this target class, stock from the factory, with a full factory warranty to compare to the Raptor at this or even close to this price point.

b) Any “I don’t know” in any category, don’t buy ANYTHING until you've done your homework.
Yes. Please Buy

TriGui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New owner here. Have had my 2023 for two weeks now. Every car I've ever bought, the first week is always "man, should I have bought this". Always minor buyers remorse. With this truck, zero. The most expensive car I've bought and I have zero remorse. Best truck Ive ever had.

Restaurantman

Reaction score
New owner here. Have had my 2023 for two weeks now. Every car I've ever bought, the first week is always "man, should I have bought this". Always minor buyers remorse. With this truck, zero. The most expensive car I've bought and I have zero remorse. Best truck Ive ever had.
I concur....great truck, loved both the gen2 and gen3. You will never go back to a "basic" pickup after owning a raptor. Although I have never driven a TRX, the Ford product I believe has to be the better of the 2. Can't wait for the R!!!!

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hope you made it to RA as that was the pinnacle so far for me.