Help SupportFord Raptor Forum by donating:

Help support Ford Raptor Forum :

Should I buy the Raptor?

Discussion in 'Prospective Raptor Owners' started by 6gun, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Battle Born

Battle Born Full Access Member

Super Duty VS Raptor

Both Great, the only Dif is the the 4 to 5 month wait on a special order Raptor, I got 100s of SD on the lots near me, no Raptors, cheers:signs8:

2. Mad Max

Mad Max Full Access Member

Also, in reference to #4...

Remember, a Raptor can bring home lots of women :boobs: :boobs: :boobs:

Whereas no woman will ever bring home lots of Raptors...or at least she better not :Nonono: :uhoh2: :893karatesmiley-thu

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
    skyscraper likes this.
  3. Troutbum

Troutbum Full Access Member

Buy! Buy! Buy!

4. jgrismer

jgrismer Member

Ford Allocation Process

In 2013 I purchased an FX4 simply because, to me, the ecoboost made a lot more sense for off road performance than the V8. I figured I would trade it once the ecoboost was available. Now finally it is available. Dealers used their allocation to stock fully loaded Raptors. Now a Raptor is an off-road beast, I cannot picture driving off-road, in an off-road beast with leather seats, dual moonroofs, with 5 large passengers who need heated seats front and rear. The 2017 base model with supercab has everything you need. Having owned an F150 and having paid for Navigation updates, it is not worth it. I have never successfully used the Ford Navigation system to get through Manhattan, my backup google maps, or Garmin device always saves me. There is simply no Raptor sitting on a lot within a 1000 miles of me that I would purchase, they are all fully loaded and start at $70000. Ford is now going to idle production because lot inventory is too high. Being the average redneck Raptor lusting person, I again am not buying the Raptor because the dealer stock is not what I want. Maybe I am the only person on the planet who feels this way, but I doubt it. I would buy a $51,000 Base model Raptor at MSRP in a heartbeat. I however don't see this happening, and the irony is Ford plants are idled people laid off and buyers left hungry for a truck that makes sense.

5. chi_weezy

chi_weezy Full Access Member

Love it

6. tksigzero

tksigzero Member

I am in love with everything Raptor, however, coming out of a Superduty 250 diesel I am conserned about towing my boat. I took a '17 demo home and my boat seemed to squat it about 2 inches. It pulled fine and braking was ok. Total weight of boat, motor, and trailer is roughly 5000 lbs including gas. Should I be concerned at all. I only will tow boat maybe once or twice a month roughly 100 miles round trip.

I have a '18 Raptor in leadfoot loaded on hold for MSRP but am worried I'll regret or tear it up towing???

7. RaptorMaryland

RaptorMaryland Full Access Member

The specs say, 5K towing on the hitch, and 8K towing with a SCREW (4 door Raptor), with a Towing weight distribution system which will level the Raptor if set correctly. Search this forum and see the posts of folks who have done it. One guy added more shocks just when he tows a large RV.

8. Ditchplains1

Ditchplains1 FRF Addict

jgrismer;
    Your logic escapes me. Just order one!

Eddie

9. cain072567

cain072567 Full Access Member

if its a normal mastercraft or such u will be fine!

10. smoothie

smoothie Full Access Member

My gen 1 pulls my 5000 pound boat no problem at all.