Should I buy an extended warranty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

saym14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
N
got a 2018 with 11k miles on it. I dont drive it much but my buddy bought one as well and before it hit 5k miles its had some major issues 2x.

So I just bought off of Flood ford. Went with Premium 8yr, 60k mile for $1250 as its just my weekend driver and thats about my average. We take it to the mountains/cabin and off road a lot. My last F150 needed an $1300 worth of repair around the 50k and 6yrs in mark so i figured why not. I dig the peace of mind.
not a bad price

Mike K

Reaction score
I just put a down on a pre-certified dealership 2019 Raptor loaded with 27K miles, nearing the end of the 36K factory warranty. Their FORD ESP Warranty was briefly explained like this: Gold, Silver Bronze plans...the best was Gold (7yr 100K mi) it included their ESP, Maintenance and tire/wheel/roadside/dings and dents plan. I eliminated the options of Gap insurance, surface protectant and Lo-Jack.
The cost was actually hidden from me in his monthly payments, but it was going to be $11K!!!
So, I look online and find FloodFord for $3,500 84 mo 125K miles, but of course that's just the ESP...
I want to cancel his $11K plans and buy them on my own before I take delivery....
Questions:
1) is FloodFord ESP reputable and do they pay for about the same coverage as Ford?,
2) What plans do y'all like?,
3) Are there plans out there that include ESP, maintenance hazard, etc???.

Thanks, MK

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just put a down on a pre-certified dealership 2019 Raptor loaded with 27K miles, nearing the end of the 36K factory warranty. Their FORD ESP Warranty was briefly explained like this: Gold, Silver Bronze plans...the best was Gold (7yr 100K mi) it included their ESP, Maintenance and tire/wheel/roadside/dings and dents plan. I eliminated the options of Gap insurance, surface protectant and Lo-Jack.
The cost was actually hidden from me in his monthly payments, but it was going to be $11K!!!
So, I look online and find FloodFord for $3,500 84 mo 125K miles, but of course that's just the ESP...
I want to cancel his $11K plans and buy them on my own before I take delivery....
Questions:
1) is FloodFord ESP reputable and do they pay for about the same coverage as Ford?,
2) What plans do y'all like?,
3) Are there plans out there that include ESP, maintenance hazard, etc???.

Thanks, MK
\

Are you sure none of the 11k was interest? I am sure he is ******** you but wow...

Yes, Flood is good. Do it.

Plans depends on your mileage per year/stomach for deductibles.

Dont know if you can get a maintenance plan, I never looked for them.

Mike K

Reaction score
I just called and cancelled the Ford plan...

FloodFord does have maintenance plans...
$6K for their ESP (8yr 150K Mi) AND their Maintenance plan...8yrs/125K mi..

Much better than financing $11K from Ford..@ 3.5%
MK

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have more than a year left on my Raptor, but with the virus I'm getting a month per tank so there's no way I'll hit 36K before the timer runs out.

This FloodFord thing, sorry for being dense...it is a warranty that all Ford dealers have to accept?

Mike K

Reaction score
Yes that' what the advertise..the origin is out of Rhode Island, I live in CA..
Some online ESP plans don't even insure here...

I have 8K miles until the factory 3yr 36 month runs out, that will also take time...
Still doing research though.
thanks

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have more than a year left on my Raptor, but with the virus I'm getting a month per tank so there's no way I'll hit 36K before the timer runs out.

This FloodFord thing, sorry for being dense...it is a warranty that all Ford dealers have to accept?

Yes. Flood Ford will sell you a FORD ESP plan, so it is just like any other Ford dealer selling it and fully backed by Ford. The big difference is their price. They have the lowest price on ESP plans because they are not trying to pad their pockets like all the other dealers.

Check out their website.

traxem

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Flood Ford is the name of a Ford dealership in Rhode Island. They sell what your local Ford dealership sells.

I don’t know it has changed, but when I bought the ESP through them online, I wasn’t charged sales tax. That’s a few hundred dollars in savings along.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm certainly buying the plans from Flood Ford, or the same thing from my local dealer if they match the price.

Smokey

Reaction score
I'm certainly buying the plans from Flood Ford, or the same thing from my local dealer if they match the price.

I checked with my local dealer today (my 19 is in the shop getting a new gauge cluster) and the plan I asked about was $2200... that's them "giving me a discount". the exact same plan at Flood Ford is just under $1600.