Should I buy an extended warranty?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SL75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(And if you even did own one, you could have bought the warranty at any time afterwards.)

Knowing what I know now, I am glad I did not buy a warranty. Now I have the freedom to get the 5.2sc. This thing has been an abomination for Ford. I have never owned a vehicle that was so crappy as this particular one.

davidl81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Knowing what I know now, I am glad I did not buy a warranty. Now I have the freedom to get the 5.2sc. This thing has been an abomination for Ford. I have never owned a vehicle that was so crappy as this particular one.
You should have just stopped at never owned, lol. Feed the troll

Helopilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should have just stopped at never owned, lol. Feed the troll

LOL, I am sitting here at a fire base bored out of my mind scrolling through FRF when I see the title of this thread. The first thing that runs through my mind is “that one is going to be too difficult for the squatch to pass up.” It’s just too easy to see the squatch bait posts. I’m thinking about posting a rumor thread that Ford is thinking about a 1,000hp v12. But alas, there’s no thrill to that, it’s just too easy...

Last edited:

TurboTJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you allowed any modifications with these warranties? A lot of times, a simple air intake will void non OEM warranties.

If it’s the original warranty, Ford must prove your mod caused the failure. Not sure with the extended.

Anyone?

traxem

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Modifying your truck won’t automatically kill your warranty. People replace speakers in their new trucks all the time, but that won’t affect the warranty on an unrelated component.

The factory tune is meant to maintain a certain tolerance to ensure reliability. Toyota is know to under-power it’s engines, but it’s super reliable because of that. If you tune it to get more power, then obviously, Ford can deny warranty coverage if you have engine problems.

If you get a warranty, just make sure it’s a factory warranty. Third party “extended warranties” are actually just “vehicle service agreements”; they don’t actually warrant quality or build.

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only a small minority benefit from buying an extended warranty. Be sure to review the contract to see what’s excluded. After all, the fine print is written by attorneys. Extended warranties are obviously a profit center or they would not be pushed so heavily.

dizzydog

Reaction score
got a 2018 with 11k miles on it. I dont drive it much but my buddy bought one as well and before it hit 5k miles its had some major issues 2x.

So I just bought off of Flood ford. Went with Premium 8yr, 60k mile for $1250 as its just my weekend driver and thats about my average. We take it to the mountains/cabin and off road a lot. My last F150 needed an $1300 worth of repair around the 50k and 6yrs in mark so i figured why not. I dig the peace of mind.

saym14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picking up my Lead Foot this week and contemplating if I should get the offered “extended Ford warranty” which will give me 6 years/100,000 miles bumper to bumper. There is a $100 deductible.

I haven’t always been a fan of extended warranties, but this is my first Ford and first truck so I don’t know much about expected reliability. I hope to keep the truck 5+ years.

Thanks for any input/opinions.
What is the cost? Also is it refundable if you sell or total it