Shock upgrade...worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Az Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have WSI springs. I love the ride, and may or may not have taken it on a few low level jumps. They did fantastic. The ride is less squirrelly, and over all a thumbs up. However, they only have a couple of thousand miles on them. I am going to be interested to see their longevity.

AZEngineer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same complaint about the rear being soft and mushy, but it also had a but of shudder or harshness with small imperfections in the road, like a bridge transition. I knew I was going to add the RPG Bump Stop kit and Fellow board members convinced me to also add RPG's National Spring upgrade. I got the standards based on what I haul and it's a great improvement both offroad but also on the street.

With the rear fixed my limit offroad became the front. I added RPG 3.0 coil overs and for my use my suspension is great offroad. Having said that, I loved how the stock Raptor was cushy over speed bumps and with the progressive RPG front coilovers speed bumps are now pretty harsh and the suspension doesn't give much when going over speed bumps.

I am honestly on the fence a bit about the front. I saved the OEM Fox setup and I may switch back as this is my daily driver and I get maybe a day a month offroad but more like 6-8 days a year. Going a bit slower offroad would eliminate the need for the front upgrade for me...joe

D

Deleted member 12951

I have WSI springs. I love the ride, and may or may not have taken it on a few low level jumps. They did fantastic. The ride is less squirrelly, and over all a thumbs up. However, they only have a couple of thousand miles on them. I am going to be interested to see their longevity.

Going WSI myself, Jimmy installing next week!

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That probably is the only complaint I have with truck....the rear seems washy or mushy ...I didn't really notice it till I drove a friends 350 then got in mine....so perhaps tiing the rear rails might help with that....

You can also pick up a Hellwig Rear Sway Bar. Made a big difference on my truck

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The raptor is a great machine and the mods are endless and addicting lol, dont worry it only gets worse from here. The raptor slowly consumes your life lol!