Shock Service Life

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

85eurocarrera

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it the miles/age or a little of both that determine the condition of the fox Shocks? Im looking at 8-10yr old trucks with under 50K miles. Do i budget for rebuild right away?
Thank you.

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it the miles/age or a little of both that determine the condition of the fox Shocks? Im looking at 8-10yr old trucks with under 50K miles. Do i budget for rebuild right away?
Thank you.

Cant comment on shelf life, but budget a rebuild, you won’t regret it.

I got a truck with unknown rebuild status and put rebuilds on and the difference was night and day.

RubyDaCherry

Reaction score
Is this a straightforward swap?

pretty much, although if you're throwing them on a 2017-2018 Raptor without the live-valve shocks, then you have to install RPG's delete kit - which sets the shock to it's softest setting. Then of course make sure they are filled at the right amount of pressure. RPG has a video explaining and installing the delete kit on youtube. Raises the truck up a bit both in the front and rear as well.

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
pretty much, although if you're throwing them on a 2017-2018 Raptor without the live-valve shocks, then you have to install RPG's delete kit - which sets the shock to it's softest setting. Then of course make sure they are filled at the right amount of pressure. RPG has a video explaining and installing the delete kit on youtube. Raises the truck up a bit both in the front and rear as well.
What is the benefit in the newer shocks if you’re deleting the live valve component?