Shock Service Life

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RubyDaCherry

Reaction score
What is the benefit in the newer shocks if you’re deleting the live valve component?

they’re brand new versus just “rebuilding” the current ones. Some say they are better shocks in regards to cornering and nose dive when braking. Also sit a little higher when measuring.

weimer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would get new shocks and then have your take offs rebuilt and keep handy, worse case you could sell them on here for 750-1000 bucks easy.

Great idea^^^^It's what I did.

I installed new front struts with geiser springs on mine around 51,000 miles and it was a noticeable difference. Even the wife noticed. Front end "clunk" disappeared as an added bonus. Was going to do the rears also but they were out of stock at the time. Now i'm laid up with shoulder surgery so they'll have to wait until summer.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great idea^^^^It's what I did.

I installed new front struts with geiser springs on mine around 51,000 miles and it was a noticeable difference. Even the wife noticed. Front end "clunk" disappeared as an added bonus. Was going to do the rears also but they were out of stock at the time. Now i'm laid up with shoulder surgery so they'll have to wait until summer.
At least you did the hard ones first. Good luck on your recovery, I'm still recovering from knee surgery 8 months ago, probably need an additional scope.

weimer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
At least you did the hard ones first. Good luck on your recovery, I'm still recovering from knee surgery 8 months ago, probably need an additional scope.

Thanks.
Yeah they were definitely tough to do by myself in the driveway.
Good luck with your knee also. Getting old is a bitch!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emmanuelrmz