Shock rebuild in Wa state?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sportyworty

Reaction score
I have been unable to find a shop in North Washington State to rebuild my factory rear Fox shocks. Lots of off-road trucks around here so kind of surprised.
Any leads appreciated

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been unable to find a shop in North Washington State to rebuild my factory rear Fox shocks. Lots of off-road trucks around here so kind of surprised.
Any leads appreciated
I'm looking at starting a shock exchange program. I just rebuilt a set of shocks but i've yet to put them on the truck to see how they feel. send me a PM if you're interested. I'm a few hundred dollars less than the other shock exchange programs and can offer almost everything the others can, i'm just not proven yet. I am planning to swap out my shocks in the next few days so i'll have a better idea of longevity in the next few weeks. Send me a message if you'd like more info

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Just got my rebuilds yesterday, they look good. Installing this week.
I bookmarked them , I'll be wanting to have this done in the next year. If I have no seals blown and it rides normal then I really don't need to do this until I start to see or have an issue truly right ? Or the 10-50k service should be followed and not exceeded really? I've probably got about 20k miles left on these before I'm at the 50k interval. I don't do anything off road that would make them go any faster than 50k for sure. I think this go around I truly should get new springs. These are the OE springs so just think it might be wise to go ahead and get springs as well the next time.

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth, my rears didn't show any signs of leaking and didn't really feel "bad" but when i swapped them out with the newly rebuilt one i could definitely tell a difference. Also, i was able to compress both shocks by hand so even though they didn't look bad, something isn't right in there. If you're able to pull them easily, i'd check and see if you can compress them off the truck. Mine had over 50k on them so they were way overdue.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Any leads appreciated

I don't remember where Andy sent mine out, but give him a call. Located in Kirkland.

OP
OP
Sportyworty

Sportyworty

Reaction score
It turns out that Jhollowell is very close and has the equipment and ability. I am going to work with Jeff here locally based on his goal of starting his own exchange rebuild program.
thanks Nex I would have been calling today if Jeff and I had not hatched a plan last night.
I knew you guys would have an answer for me. Love my Raptor, enjoy yours !

Attachments

• 7E52A50C-7799-4255-BA9F-67FB68928371.jpeg
    7E52A50C-7799-4255-BA9F-67FB68928371.jpeg
    374.2 KB · Views: 8