Shelby Off-road F150 instead of RaptorR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
I just bought a 2013 Raptor with the 6.2 V-8 and am making arrangements to have a dealer installed super charger put in it... I love my 37pp and Braptor, but have been unable to find an R allocation for under about $140k, so this is the route I'm going to try. The 2013 isn't the driver the new Raptors are, but is IMO way ahead of the standard F150s. All the problems associated with super charging gen 1 Raptors have been worked out years ago. So we'll see how this goes?

Start searching and saving for a long block.

Tony Raptor

Reaction score
I’ve been searching for a RaptorR for sometime and the ADM just really ****** me off. Has anyone considered the Shelby Off-road F150 instead? I can come out to the better with buying a Shelby than I can than the RaptorR. I have found several and there is no markup on those. Just curious if anyone has done this or not to even consider it. Thanks
I actually was in same boat as this and I ended up getting a 2020 SHelby Offroad with 12K miles on it for 85K. I've owned a 2018 Gen 2 Raptor for 5 years and put 150K miles on it and it was a fast great truck, nothing bad to say BUT the Shelby is my favorite and I tuned it with 5 STar tuning and that slightly different calibration made it more fun to drive. I can say hands down no one is passing my 800HP 10Spd on the highway, it's a beast. Great decision buying the Shelby in my opinion.

Mossy 150

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No.
I actually was in same boat as this and I ended up getting a 2020 SHelby Offroad with 12K miles on it for 85K. I've owned a 2018 Gen 2 Raptor for 5 years and put 150K miles on it and it was a fast great truck, nothing bad to say BUT the Shelby is my favorite and I tuned it with 5 STar tuning and that slightly different calibration made it more fun to drive. I can say hands down no one is passing my 800HP 10Spd on the highway, it's a beast. Great decision buying the Shelby in my opinion.
Wanna race?

nelsonr103

Reaction score
I test drove a 23 Shelby raptor ($130k MSRP). It felt slow and heavy. It was also very unstable at speed (90mph). I have a 18 raptor with a mild tune and it felt way faster. My 24 R gets built next month

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I test drove a 23 Shelby raptor ($130k MSRP). It felt slow and heavy. It was also very unstable at speed (90mph). I have a 18 raptor with a mild tune and it felt way faster. My 24 R gets built next month
FWIW this thread is about the Shelby F150 with a supercharged Coyote, not the EcoBoost Shelby Raptor.

HAP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A friend from work has one and he parks next to my R. I have not been able find a comparison of the Shelby off road and the Raptor R. Just curious about the 775HP claim and how it compares to Ford’s 700HP.