Shelby Off-road F150 instead of RaptorR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mad_Max

Reaction score
I’ve been searching for a RaptorR for sometime and the ADM just really ****** me off. Has anyone considered the Shelby Off-road F150 instead? I can come out to the better with buying a Shelby than I can than the RaptorR. I have found several and there is no markup on those. Just curious if anyone has done this or not to even consider it. Thanks

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a reason those are easier to get, they suck. They are Tuscany built kit cars basically, with $7,500 in bolt-ons for an additional $30,000. I'd steer clear personally unless you just want something outrageous with no desire to off-road.

StangGT5

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, people have considered it. Definitely not my taste and will not have anywhere near the offroad prowess as the R. If you are going that route, I'd just get a regular f-150 v-8, throw a supercharger and some better suspension on it and call it a day.
This is the way to go. The Shelby may have better resale value, that's about it. I find them a bit garish, but it's all taste.

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can buy the f150 with the raptor r motor in it already for like 45k. Then just dress it up how you want.

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They're apparently offering it on base model f-150....I've seen several articles on it...700hp...base model xl F-150

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
They're apparently offering it on base model f-150....I've seen several articles on it...700hp...base model xl F-150
Pairing a Whipple with the 5.0 coyote offering. Not quite the same as the 5.2 Predator engine in the R, but I wonder if the driver can feel the difference.