Serious or potential issue?

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2014 with 23,300 miles

I am going to the dealer today

I'm sure they'll take great care of you, Rick. If you'd like me to loop in your CSM, just PM over your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, mileage, and servicing dealer; I'll have them reach out to you and the dealership.

Crystal

Renegade70

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, pretty impressed with this service advisor at the dealership I started going to since the one closer to me was so terrible. I emailed him at his work email, thinking to just get a reply or call on Tuesday since today is labor day and in less than an hour, he responds from his personal email that first thing Tuesday, he will be ordering parts and get me scheduled for a visit. Wow....

Which dealership is it since I live near you and will probably use them then?

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Which dealership is it since I live near you and will probably use them then?

Friendly Ford. Service advisor is Ray Bridges. Tell him I sent you. Rick, with the ruby red raptor, he knows me well now. :)

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

Dealer is ordering a boot

Forgot to follow up on thread. He didn't actually order just the boot. I never found an Ford OEM one either and only the complete axle assembly that includes both boots. They had to see it so no pre-order like I was hoping. Saw it on that Wed and called me on Friday to schedule for the following Wed. And he also did say the whole axle assembly had to be replaced. Dropped it off in the morning and was ready in about 5 hours. Asked him what happened and he said he didn't care why or how it happened, just wanted to get it fixed.

All fixed!
42c6301f564b2645e4ce65a53412d97a.jpg

Thanks @t_j!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Good to know and thank you! You know Shane at Safari Off Road has a Raptor himself.

You know, I went to him awhile back to have him do some things to my light rack and wasn't impressed with his staff or him at all, he pretty much blew me off. I ended up going elsewhere. Kinda a shame because I was trying to find a "go-to" shop for things in the future. Perhaps I got him on a real bad day. Do you know him well?

Renegade70

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had him do a lot of work with my old truck includining putting on Fox coil over shocks. They did not know much about them. I like Shane, but fit and finish is not their strong suit. I think they just try to get to many done as quickly as possible without regard to quality of service.