Security Systems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
IMHO, get a camper shell and tint the shell's windows limo tint. Alarms are only good if you're there when it happens.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
one thing i might add here. i am not a fan of the proximity sensors. they are more trouble than they are worth. adjusting them are a pain in the ass. they are not necessary if you are not putting in a convertible. as long as you have door trigger, shock sensor, and glass breakage sensor, (and possibly tilt) then you are set. all pionts of entry are covered.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMHO, get a camper shell and tint the shell's windows limo tint. Alarms are only good if you're there when it happens.

To each his own, but personally I would rather have all the gear stolen out of the back of my Raptor than put a camper shell on there.

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
haha, is that because you have nothing in the back to begin with?

Au contraire, i work in construction management, ive ALWAYS got something in the bed. I've had probably $2K worth of tools and construction gear in the back of it for over a month straight now. I just strap it all down and lock the tailgate and set the alarm. Risky, I know.

Hopefully soon I can stop carrying it around daily so it will free up the bed for this Baja Coyote chase rack I've had waiting here.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Au contraire, i work in construction management, ive ALWAYS got something in the bed. I've had probably $2K worth of tools and construction gear in the back of it for over a month straight now. I just strap it all down and lock the tailgate and set the alarm. Risky, I know.

Hopefully soon I can stop carrying it around daily so it will free up the bed for this Baja Coyote chase rack I've had waiting here.

MMMMMmmmm NICE!
Can't wait to see. Wish I could get one.

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It doesn't take much to add up to $3K worth of tools now-a-days. I don't do constructions, but I assure you have close to if not more then $3K of tools & recovery & hunting gear in my toolbox all the time. I have only had my truck toolbox broken into one time & that was in Houston Texas. I was not a happy camper at all, especially when I purposely park the truck under the hotel's security camera to only find out it was non-operational.

So Busa hurry up with doing that video install.

DesaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Houston is a mecca for truck thieves. I have had some type of bed cover on my trucks forever. Missing items from the back of a truck is common place here. People even throw garbage into the back of open trucks in parking lots. Just like any major city, crime is bad, and add to that our proximity to the international border of Mexico, stolen vehicles disappear across the border within hours never to be seen by their owners again. I think the key is prevention and not recovery here. Make it as difficult as possible for them to take your truck, take things from inside your truck, take things from outside your truck. Most criminals are like electricity, they will take the path of least resistance, so make your ride hard to mess with, especially when it is as awesome as the Raptor.

sorry about the rant, these trucks are just so effin awesome and draw so much attention that I know they are targets.

A

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To each his own, but personally I would rather have all the gear stolen out of the back of my Raptor than put a camper shell on there.

I used to think the same until I saw a few Raptors with camper shells. I think it looks amazing, and it makes the truck a little more practical for those that use them as daily drivers and not using it for hauling much stuff. As always, to each his own! :Good or Bad:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc