Security Systems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Alright. Some ******** stole both Yetis out of my trucks last night. Time to put an alarm in each. One that will go off if someone gets in the bed.

Wants.
Remote Start. (The Dodge is Standard though).
Good range remote (Maybe iphone, but it won't do me any good in mexico)
sensitive to anything getting into the bed.
loud.

Bueller? Nosbusa??

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sorry to hear you stuff got stolen. the best thing to do, is get a tilt sensor for the alarm. basically it self adjusts to the level you are parked at and if it moves more than a certain amount, it will trigger the alarm. i.e. if someone were to try to jack up the vehicle..... in this case you would mount it upside down on the truckbed, somewhere hidden. as for an alarm i am going with the viper 5904. i do not care about the extra remote on the keychain, or the heater control functions with the oem remote start. it has a 1 mile range line of sight (minus any electrical interference) roughly about 5x the oem distance. and you can add the smart start module, which allows you to use your smart start feature on your smart phone, but the smart start is an addition expense to the alarm, with an annual subscription. (very cheap though). look it up and if you have any questions, ask away.

OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Just called the local viper guy. $799 installed for the 5904. $699 installed for the model below without a color screen.

Then add $150 for the chipped key interface.

$100 extra to install remote start on the dodge since it's standard...

FML

Kanakry

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You could also do proximity sensors.

I have done quite a few alarms with these in the past. Hide the prox sensor in the bedrails. Anything that moves within that range will trigger the alarm.

On my buddy's older grand Cherokee I did a prox sensor to window controls and a timer. If the windows where down and the sensor detected someone close it would roll up the windows. The system would wait 30 seconds look to see if the object was still there, if there was nothing noticed by the prox it would roll the windows back down.

Many options with proximity sensors and sirens.

I would think you could do better than $700 installed. The going rate for rs/alarm pay of an installer in MI is $130 for the job. I would like $500 would be about the price with a 2way paging rs/alarm.

Check out the 12volt.com for installers in your area.