Security Systems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dr_Pain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you want, i can help you through the install..... if you want to try it yourself....... i will be getting one probably next week to install in my truck. i can take raw video of the install process.

STICKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would love a DIY install vid/pic for a security system. Are you going to have all the modules?

May need to put a group buy together and put that on Raptorwifey's Christmas listing :)

OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
I think I am going todo two way alarm only, without remote start. The prices seem way lower, and less BS. Standard Tranny Module, smart key module.

The installer I talked to, didn't seem like he had any experience doing something that set the alarm off if someone got into the bed. Except the shock sensor, which I guess I could set to really sensitive.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
I got this one 3 years ago installed for only $550.00 out the door.
They wanted way more but I kept calling each shop that installed it and each one kept beating
the other persons deal until they couldn't go any lower.
Yes I'm a **** for doing that but I needed a good deal after spending all my money on the truck.
Clifford 590.2 X Alarm/Remote Start
Basically the exact same thing as the Viper. They are both the same company.
Clifford - Clifford 590.4X

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh I love going past those.... My exhaust makes a pretty cool following in the parking garages hehe

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yep, directed electronics incorporated.... dei owns both clifford and viper, along with a bunch of other products.

trey, when i do my alarm i can point out what steps you will not need to do if you are not going with the remote start. my dei order should arrive friday or monday at which point i will attempt to install (been busy here at the shop) fairly quickly.

DesaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Truck is at Car Toys as we speak getting the Clifford (DEI) 570.4x 2 Way with remote start installed. Also added the Smart Start module, Glass Breakage Module, Digital Tilt, Shock Sensor, and a databus module.

Not cheap, but worth it for the peace of min IMHO $ 1085.95

A

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The alarm is about 150.00 dealer cost less if you get a deal... You can install them just ask NOSBUSA for the 12volt print out of wires and where to find them there is a website. It will tell you wire color connector it comes off of and color of connector and location of connector. It takes a little time this is why retail guys charge so much to do the install..... You can order proximity sensor and microwave motion sensor, tilt, impact, and a whole host of options. The two way remote os great, but the screens break. They usually are limited to about 2000 feet range, beyond that your not going to get there in a run no matter what anyways... To protect lights and stop them from being unbolted just put a small tack weld on the threads. This prevents theft becuase thieves dont hang around to make a bunch of noise while trying to get the weld bead off...... Been doing this trick to protect my winch for years... no not my wife, she gets mad if I call her a *****,,,, ..... .... ...

BOJANGLES

<span style="color: red;"><b>Administrator</b></sp
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After my Rap got broken into in its early days I got the Viper 5902 with the color LCD remote with tilt sensors, electronic kill switch and all the other bells and whistles that were available at the time. So far so good. It's gone off a time or two, but no one was out there by the time I ran outside with one of my 1911s.