Seat cover wrinkles/Warranty issues...thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gregger

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My drivers seat leather cover was loose where the base connects to the back support. Wrinkled and not held down well. Passenger side was perfect. Took it in and they ordered a seat cover. They re-did it and now it's even worse than when it arrived. Service manager said "well, that's what happens when you have a person replace the cover instead of the factory machine". Not sure where to even go from here? Different dealer? Ford? I would have never touched it if I'd known this was going to be the result. It was annoying from a fit and finish aspect from the factory but now it just looks sloppy.

OP
OP
Gregger

Gregger

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Give me a few. I'll be home shortly. Basically it went from the back right corner being wrinkled and loose to the whole front being wrinkled. Maybe I'm being picky but I feel like both seats should match.

Raptor37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My drivers seat leather cover was loose where the base connects to the back support. Wrinkled and not held down well. Passenger side was perfect. Took it in and they ordered a seat cover. They re-did it and now it's even worse than when it arrived. Service manager said "well, that's what happens when you have a person replace the cover instead of the factory machine". Not sure where to even go from here? Different dealer? Ford? I would have never touched it if I'd known this was going to be the result. It was annoying from a fit and finish aspect from the factory but now it just looks sloppy.
My driver seat has a wrinkle right down the bottom of it from factory and I've lived with it till now. I've been curious if they'll just replace the seat under warranty because it is a but ridiculous when the passenger seat is perfect.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer told me they’ll replace my driver seat cover as well. Same problem. Waiting for them to call me when they have the part.

OP
OP
Gregger

Gregger

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My dealer told me they’ll replace my driver seat cover as well. Same problem. Waiting for them to call me when they have the part.
Based on my experience I’d make sure they’re actually going to make it better.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Guys at the Ford dealership are not an upholstery shop. It takes a bit of work and training to get it to lay flat.