Scored Raptor R

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BadWRP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just spoke with Villa Ford. They have no clue as to how many allocations they are going to get but one have 1 deposit in for 100k over! They will only accept deposits at the 100K mark up at this time. I laughed out loud at him over the phone.

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$100K ADM?? LOL Absurd. For $225K you can almost, I said almost, get into a REAL prerunner. You can get into an HM or SVC built truck for that. I know they wont have the 5.2 pony motor, but it would be a truck that will spank the snot out of the R in the dirt and not be a run of the mill "looking" Raptor.

Sorry, way off topic I know.

Sam

GREEKGAMBLER

Reaction score
Finally scored the only allocation at a dealer in texas for the R! Settled at 20k$ adm as so many other dealers are 40-60k$ and above. Got my confirmation and ford performance shows it sent to the plant for processing so they indeed had an allocation! Awesome!
Excuse me if this is a dumb questions but how were you able to check your status with Ford Performance?

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have turned down two offers at $10k ADM. One in Wi and one in MN, and both used the caveat that they wanted to build new customer bases. I don't think this starts a great new relationship. I am stubborn, but it's a principle for me at this point. Would I be willing to pay more than MSRP? Maybe a little, but this is out of hand, IMO. I will continue to try and find an allocation for MSRP. I have seen a lot of successful MSRP transactions posted that give me hope. I am stressed that I will miss the bus entirely due to my self-imposed constraints. Here is to hoping!
This is exactly the same as the annual hunt for the coolest Christmas toy, whether it's Tickle me Elmo, Beanie Babies, or Cabbage Patch dolls. The toy stores get mobbed, it makes the news, even more people want that new toy, and voila'... there's a bidding war for an item you didn't want, until you couldn't get it. A decade ago the same thing was happening with new home builds in Irvine, Arcadia, and other pricey CA cities.

ams mike

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is exactly the same as the annual hunt for the coolest Christmas toy, whether it's Tickle me Elmo, Beanie Babies, or Cabbage Patch dolls. The toy stores get mobbed, it makes the news, even more people want that new toy, and voila'... there's a bidding war for an item you didn't want, until you couldn't get it. A decade ago the same thing was happening with new home builds in Irvine, Arcadia, and other pricey CA cities.

If you need any Tickle me Elmo's or Beanie Babies...I got you covered :) My mom collected all of them.

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's too many of these guys trying to buy up the Raptor R models just to produce content for their half-assed blogs
just like the 300+ people flipping gen 3's on autotrader. almost 1k new raptors for sale on autotrader, usually around 825 and 350 used gen3's.

AKLA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just spoke with Villa Ford. They have no clue as to how many allocations they are going to get but one have 1 deposit in for 100k over! They will only accept deposits at the 100K mark up at this time. I laughed out loud at him over the phone.
that place is a joke. I usually buy from Fullerton Ford and or Chino Hills. ADM is $25k

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
just like the 300+ people flipping gen 3's on autotrader. almost 1k new raptors for sale on autotrader, usually around 825 and 350 used gen3's.
As long as the Gen 2's & 3's are crazy expensive in the used car market the Gen 1 owners will do better when we choose to sell. I applaud this craziness.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
As long as the Gen 2's & 3's are crazy expensive in the used car market the Gen 1 owners will do better when we choose to sell. I applaud this craziness.

Yes, it's become a word battle between the have's and the have not's.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter