Sand air down pressure?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
Then run 20psi. You'll be good to go.

I also bought a set of these. Was tired of sitting there holding the damn valve to let the air out.

Oasis_Trailhead_Tire_Deflator_Kit_15psi_to_40psi_Aluminum_2.jpg

Just put these on and they stop automatically to the pressure you want.

Nice find IRONMAN! I'll look for these out here in the west, or order online.

And my $0.02 regarding pressure for mud is around 25l#. That seemed to work well for me maintaining enough grip on hills and trails, while being able to "stand up" when giving her hell going through the deep shit.
It was also comfortable enough to drive home on, as there aren't many gas stations out here that can put 50lb back in the tires and I'm not running an onboard compressor setup yet.

uaq69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
25 is safe , if you will drive carefully you can can go down until 15

OP
OP
whtrapta

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
My truck would not go into off road mode full unlock. It really pissed me off. I would ride up a razorback and come down and loose all power because the "trailer" was "swaying". Didn't matter what I did, would not do full unlock. I would air down as much as possible WITHOUT setting off the sensor.

JP7

Likes Canadian Mudbaths
Reaction score
They replaced my 'Trac control" switch under warranty for doing the same thing.

That, and I mashed it about 1/4" into the console....it was a stressful ride in the woods that day.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
My truck would not go into off road mode full unlock. It really pissed me off. I would ride up a razorback and come down and loose all power because the "trailer" was "swaying". Didn't matter what I did, would not do full unlock. I would air down as much as possible WITHOUT setting off the sensor.

Can't you turn off trailer sway control in the setup menu?

OP
OP
whtrapta

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
ya and I forgot about it. But you would still trip the traction control driving, just the trailer sway would KILL power. I thought I stalled it the first time

RAPTILE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still have the factory tires and wheels and they are pretty worn. I regularly veer off the roads here in Dubai (too much fun terrain on both sides of the road on my hour-and-a-half commute to and from work). Took the raptile off road yesterday to hit some pretty serious dunes mixed with hard packed salt flat and rugged dirt/gravel trail. Used my ARB EZ deflator to air down to 15 psi all around, got sideways, got hang time (and full compression), easily got up some steep soft shit and never had a problem (then again, I may have a horseshoe, a rabbit's food and a four-leaf clover up my ass)! After playing hard for over almost two hours, I used my hard-wired Warn spi compressor to air back up to 45 for the rest of the highway ride home. My life SUX!!!!

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sand conditions will greatly effect what kind of pressures you run. I went on to the beach in November it was cold and raining I was running the normal 40PSI no problem. I went on the beach in May and it was hot and dry I have to drop down to 15PSI. When I'm on the rocks I run about 25-30 PSI.

AUH1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually go down to 15psi on the front and 12psi on the back. Have done so many times on the factory tires and on the Nitto Dune Grapplers I just installed. Keep in mind that this is in soft desert sand.

Here's an example of how we drive here: YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.