RPG Texas Raptor Run: TRR14 April 10-13 2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it all depends on if it gets built in time. i am working with the manufacturers main rep to build a lightbar for our needs. they already make light bars, but i gave them specifics on how we prefer our lights to be. and for those of you who want a little more info. these are built completely in house here in ca. including the led chips. there are several patents on these right now and the bar i get will be experimental so it is going to be a test run. what better way to try it out at trr? im going to push them into getting it built in time. i personally want to see a side by side comparison

CAbimmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The gates open Thursday afternoon. Camping is in areas that dont have RV hookups. I always get a spot in the trees.

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Camping is free and I don't believe you need to reserve a site it's first come first serve lol as or what time everyone will be allowed on the ranch I think Thursday is when the gates open.

Badrap

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I plan to tent camp. Do I need to reserve a spot? Can I set up camp Wed, 4/9 around 6 or 7pm? How will I know what spots are ok? THANKS

Pick a spot and squat. Like they said, trees are good. Just watch for the Rattlers before you take that midnight beer disposal!

OP
OP
treypal

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
I plan to tent camp. Do I need to reserve a spot? Can I set up camp Wed, 4/9 around 6 or 7pm? How will I know what spots are ok? THANKS

Camping is first come. We will get you lined out on spots on Thursday when the gate opens. I can't have anyone early due to insurance.

rasco

FRF Addict
Reaction score
zu4eqety.jpg

Getting ready

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pick a spot and squat. Like they said, trees are good. Just watch for the Rattlers before you take that midnight beer disposal!

Yep, trees grow best on high ground! Rattlers also like to stay dry, so you might have unwanted company. It becomes a habit to watch where you step, and using a flashlight at night helps.

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea just ask Greg about rattlers lol he had a nice little visit by ones!!

I spent half my life in south Florida. We lived on a canal, and across the street were acres of woods. We had Diamondback Rattlers, Coral Snakes, Copperheads, Water Moccasins (Cotton Mouth), Gators, Scorpions, and some nasty Spiders.

We learned very early in life to watch for everything!