Rolled my 3 day old truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, here is some advice. Find out if you are in a diminished value state?

They will leave it in the body shop for 3-5 months fixing all that
The shop and the insurance company will play games until the come to some numbers that make it work for both of their benefits
In simple terms, the F150 is body on frame so it will be off by mm s and possibly more, no frame machine will pull out an f150 railroad rail frame.
My simple advice is don't say a word to you insurance company that you don't want repeated
work a deal up or sell it out right on your own once the work is finished
find another truck to your liking

sue your own insurance company for the diminished value of the truck you just lost then switch insurance companies to someone who protects your assets better. This is the easiest method to make it work out, otherwise you are just SOL.

good luck with it.

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you and the dog are fine. Truck looks totaled to me, especially with the airbags deploying? Hang in there.

562gen3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you guys are ok, I had to replace both drivers side doors, and repaint drivers side bed panel and front fenders and it was 13k in damages. I'm sure they will total the truck

flwrappeder

Reaction score
Damn. that truck is totaled and i dont see it leaving copart ever. That had to be scary as hell. Glad youre alright. But the body shop will take care of it being totaled for sure. too bad it wasnt drivable to strip some of the good stuff off of it but i dont see much left to salvage. what if any, kind of damage would be done to the engine as well being rolled over?

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damn. that truck is totaled and i dont see it leaving copart ever. That had to be scary as hell. Glad youre alright. But the body shop will take care of it being totaled for sure. too bad it wasnt drivable to strip some of the good stuff off of it but i dont see much left to salvage. what if any, kind of damage would be done to the engine as well being rolled over?

Unless they find more damage than structural it will not be totaled.

If I was the OP I would be asking them to do it though.

Fat_Kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, 15 years of experience in auto body repair tells me this is a total. The insurance adjuster was lazy and wrote a "skin deep" estimate so that the body shop could do all the work. lol.. Joking aside, once the shop gets into it, they will do everything they can to total it. Believe me... No shop on the planet wants to marry this thing lol. Honestly, the market is on your side in my opinion. Theres no way they can find used parts right now, so the entire estimate will be all new OEM stuff (probably) which will kill it. Seriously, though! Updates would be great!

On a side note, heavy stuff goes at the front of the trailer! Jk lol Sorry for your loss, brother!

OP
OP
P

popovicj

Reaction score
Holy Crap! Glad you and the pup are ok. I would imagine that 30k estimate will jump substantially after they start diggin into it more.

Edit: That duck seems to like it.
That’s Frederick. I joked at the beginning of the trip I put him on the dash because it was the only place he wouldn’t get squished.