Rock Chips!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tasty Rod

Reaction score
It's breaking my heart driving this thing in the oil field. I bought it new back in march of 2011 and 30K miles later and most of that mileage is freeway or rig roads. The rig roads are a nightmare and the ******* 18 wheelers I have to share them with have destroyed my paint with rock chips.

I'm thinking of selling it in lieu of a 2013 cobra and a beater truck for the field

What do you guys think and what can I do to protect my truck?

Wrapping it is one option but I'm not sure that would hold any better and after its all done the rock chips are still there.

The other option is to do a full linex job over the whole truck. This is appealing but does anyone know what the truck will look like sitting in the elements and 100 degree heat year round? Will it fade or crack? I've seen this happen to the bed lining all the time.

You guys know this truck and the buyer perspective so what do you think?
I hate throwing more money at this ride but I paid 41K and have it half paid off already. I don't want to get my ass kicked trading it in but i feel like im destroying this nice truck. I'm not sure anynthing I do can save this truck from the daily beatings. Either I'm going to get out of it or drop 10k making it better.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ADD did a truck fully line-xed you should talk to them. Seems like it's held up nicely

Bails_27

Reaction score
I have a two door Chevy Blazer I lifted 5" and Line-X'd all the way around. (Bumpers, fender flares and rocker panels) Looks as good today as it did three years ago when I had it done. I am not exactly in the Texas sun, but the color match has held up well and it is super durable. It has seen plenty of rig roads up here in Alberta. I didn't have it down there when I worked in Texas...

I am going to do my front bumper and wheel wells on my '11 SCREW on my next days off... Rubbed a guard rail post parking my Sea-Doo trailer and took the paint off my skid plate...

Attachments

• Texas 028 Resize.jpg
    Texas 028 Resize.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 134

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just buy a beater truck NOW rather than spending that kinda money on a line-x job....... Just my opinion, you can find beaters anywheres from $2500-whatever you consider a beater.

12' Race Red Raptor SCAB (Loaded to the max!)
SCABS are faster!!
08' SeaDoo RXP-X Clockin' 80+ GPS

OP
OP
Tasty Rod

Tasty Rod

Reaction score
Who cares its a truck

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I care...
:upyours:

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

Just buy a beater truck NOW rather than spending that kinda money on a line-x job....... Just my opinion, you can find beaters anywheres from $2500-whatever you consider a beater.

SCABS are faster!!

I hear what your saying but I'm afraid a $2500 beater won't make it here I'm going to have to spend 8-10k for something reliable. Plus this truck ain't cool enough to just sit at home 25 days of the month. That's more suited for low mile GTS or some other collector. Ford should have built this truck with a blower and decent AC. Two things that bug the crap out of me, being slow and hot...

Guess a better question is how much for the linex... I figured 10k on a whippled & 3k on the linex and my issues solved bc I do think it's still hands down the baddest truck on the road.

Last edited:

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^^ A...men to that bro! I was wondering where the $10k came from! Haha, yea....I'm thinking by 14', Obama will be out of office and the gas&oil will be back booming therefor ..... :) Be great to have an optional blown 5.8l. I'll consider that the Raptors ecoboost!

As for your ac issue, try this.....I noticed that the higher the fan speed (at least half speed), the cooler it starts blowing. Totally opposite on every past vehicle.

SCABS are faster!!

Last edited: