Road trip time! Kentucky to Alaska in our new SCREW!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SonnyAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We just picked up our hew Raptor on 9/23, and after a little time with my family in Kentucky, we're hitting the road back to Alaska - just in time for the snow to hit!!
null_zps05fb9d13.jpg

I had some time to do a bit of work on the truck while here, so I got the bed Linexed (can you believe there's no longer a Linex dealer in AK!!), installed the DeeZee tailgate assist, Weathertech mats, a bug net for the radiator, and a tailgate theft prevention lock.
null_zps1289dd4d.jpg

Been working on my other baby a lot while here ( it's always a work in progress, but definitely a serious labor of love)...but there are days when it feels like she doesn't love me back - especially when she decides to make the brakes not work!! Fun stuff! I still love her though!!
null_zpsb7985b18.jpg

null_zps3ff89cf3.jpg

Now it's time for us to get on the road back to AK, and I pick my girlfriend up at the Nashville airport in the morning - she's flying down so she can make the road trip back with me. We'll post some photos of the drive along the way (when we do have internet), since there's definitely some great scenery to see! And of course the scenery will often include the Raptor (who wants to just see cruddy nature shots w/no machinery in them!!) Wish us luck!!:wave:

cheesehead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this has the potential to be epic. Going to log the journey with detailed narrative and pics? Someone did that on the Ducati forum (cross country on the Panigale) once and it was amazing...

Do it!

Last edited:

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Done that before in an ol' 88 Mustang GT but not a Raptor yet. Got that moose guard on yet? Taking the traditional Alcan (Dawson Creek to Whitehorse route) or the inside route?

Have a great time with your beast!

OP
OP
SonnyAK

SonnyAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's about 4500 miles or so from KY up there, give or take 500 miles due to the roads we choose! We've both done the drive a few times and we're always looking forward to it again!!
We'll be taking the primary ALCAN route (Dawson City, Whitehorse, etc) which is always a lot of fun!
No moose guard yet - I REALLY hope we don't need it!! What a mess that would be!!
We'll definitely take some decent photos along the way ( if I'll slow down long enough)!!
Stopped by the Loveless Cafe for breakfast this morning (gotta love a place with motorcycle only parking)!! Awesome food!
null_zps4809f51d.jpg

Stopped by Paris along the way today - I didn't know it was so close to Nashville !!
null_zps31a4109f.jpg

Made it a bit past St Louis today, so we'll hopefully start getting more photos soon!!

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

isnt milepost 426 a hotspring? i remember stopping there a couple times on my trips up and down the alcan

There's a really good hotspring near Liard, which is up near Watson Lake...I can't remember the milepost though, is that the one ou're thinking of?

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
most likely it is. i just remember milepost 426 though. dont forget to hang your plate before you head out around the big circle.

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

on a side note.... ever wonder why canada is all metric, yet uses mileposts? i guess kilometerpost was too long a word.......

OP
OP
SonnyAK

SonnyAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not positive, but I think the people that do the milepost are from the US and print it primarily for the tourist traveling to/from the lower 48...but I'm not sure of that. The whole metric/mile thing really does make it a pain in Canada! :Wedgie:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc