Reviews? First drives?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DyLivn

Reaction score
I mean, realistically, what value does a prospective Raptor owner even get out of a test drive? What could happen during a five-minute test drive that would make someone walk away?

I'd be more concerned with seeing the interior layout/styling in person than an actual test drive. But lack of either wouldn't dissuade me from ordering.

I want to see how Ford’s new 5 link suspension drives. I’d like to see if any improvements have been made to the 10 speed trans and how the motor behaves with the shift in power curve they made.

I can’t imagine not test driving a vehicle before buying it, at any price, much less $80k. Most Tesla owners are just blind followers would will buy anything that Elon says to buy. Let’s be honest, if you are buying an EV then you really don’t care about driving dynamics.

Tampaukfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to see how Ford’s new 5 link suspension drives. I’d like to see if any improvements have been made to the 10 speed trans and how the motor behaves with the shift in power curve they made.

I can’t imagine not test driving a vehicle before buying it, at any price, much less $80k. Most Tesla owners are just blind followers would will buy anything that Elon says to buy. Let’s be honest, if you are buying an EV then you really don’t care about driving dynamics.
Have bought multiple vehicles without test driving, in this day and age with so much info available it’s easy to do.
Have you driven a Tesla? Don’t… you will want to buy one. But you will end up regretting the purchase, mine was a pos… spent more time in the shops than on the road.

Duck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nah, what’s weird is the sheer amount of folks who will fork over nearly $100k on a vehicle that they haven’t even seen in a showroom, sat in, driven, or even looked at….let alone watched/read an in-depth review, hell- they don’t even know how much power it makes or what the fuel economy is supposed to be

brave deep pocketed folks on this ‘ol raptor forum eh?

not really. Have a ‘20 raptor already and have driven ‘21 king ranch. I feel like I have a pretty good feel for what I ordered

mpd510

Reaction score
Nah, what’s weird is the sheer amount of folks who will fork over nearly $100k on a vehicle that they haven’t even seen in a showroom, sat in, driven, or even looked at….let alone watched/read an in-depth review, hell- they don’t even know how much power it makes or what the fuel economy is supposed to be

brave deep pocketed folks on this ‘ol raptor forum eh?
it's because we are Ballers and like to make it rain.

mpd510

Reaction score
Have bought multiple vehicles without test driving, in this day and age with so much info available it’s easy to do.
Have you driven a Tesla? Don’t… you will want to buy one. But you will end up regretting the purchase, mine was a pos… spent more time in the shops than on the road.
you are so right about the Tesla. We were in Atlanta in June and my buddy has a Tesla. So my wife takes it 3 miles down the road to get coffee. Fast forward 1 month and I'm waiting on my new Raptor and she's waiting on her new Model S Plaid!!