Review of the Magnaflow #15588 cat-back exhaust kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My pipes are a bit slanted as well and pretty far inboard. They run about 1/2" from my spare. Once it gets warm I'll get under there and try to tweak it some.

I also had the issue with the rear hanger that I had to trip to get the isolator mounted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

locktech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered a M15588 MagnaFlow Cat-back Exhaust System (Side Exit). Can't wait to get it on. Should I update my 5 star tune for this mod?

TXCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed this kit on my 2012 s-crew without having to shorten any hangers. the double wall stainless tips are the best thing about this kit.
Sound is really not much better then stock, Magnaflow should make a 34" long pipe to eliminate the resonator then they could call this a cat back system, with out it its not really a cat back.

my experience exactly...I just installed it this weekend and my son and I were shocked at how quiet it was....sounds barely louder than stock, so I was very disappointed about that.

TXCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, hope so...I will give it a little time and maybe it will be what I was hoping for. If not, I am told there is a "resonator delete" pipe that Corsa makes....bolts right in, but is not cheap! Has anyone here tried this setup? Would love to hear some feedback.

Andy at gotexhaust.com has been great to work with BTW!

moiseslugo

Reaction score
I ordered mine today!! with some kooks headers. I don't know if I should get a Volant CAI or just leave it stock. I will write how it sounds.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, this is an old thread. I posted on this his back in 2011 when I first decided to get this system, so I can provide some long term feedback.

My truck is now 3 years old and has encounted thousands of miles of HARD offroading in mud, rock, sand, snow, gravel, etc..

My Magnaflow is still on, has never had an issue and still sounds baddass.

:happy160:

locktech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The sound of mine definitely improved over the first 100 miles. Sounds great when I gas it but no loud drone inside the cab. Also have the AFE stage II and 93 performance tune.