Review of the Magnaflow #15588 cat-back exhaust kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, that is encouraging. I will log a couple hundred miles and report back.

locktech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The MagnaFlow seems to give a much deeper sound then some of the other setups I've heard. I heard a Corsa with a resonator delete and didn't like it. While it was significantly louder it was not that deep throaty sound I'm getting with my MagnaFlow.

GotExhaust.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We still have several of these kits in stock and offering the lowest price on the web via PM. Hit us up!!

treatcg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I second the deep note. I love the sound at idle.

And GotExhaust.com does have a great deal on this system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reviving this thread again as I just installed my Magnaflow cat back yesterday. Bottom line this was a VERY wise choice for me. Immediately on startup you hear the much lower tone/rumble. Sounds great at idle and WOT and only slightly louder than stock at cruise. I mentioned in another thread how easy dealing with GotExhaust was. Great price and 1 day delivery!

The install took me way too long as I have 3 winters worth of salt/corrosion on the factory exhaust. At the resonator connection you have to spin the stock exhaust counterclockwise as there's a pin/slotted grove connection on the flange there. I fooled with that forever and in the process managed to mangle the factory 3" band clamp. Make sure you pick up another one before the install if you're in a similar situation corrosion wise. $12 at AdvanceAuto and I was in business. Magnaflow should really include this in the kit IMHO.

Other than that the kit is very high quality and it goes together easily. Factory hangers line up perfectly. I have the tips sitting perfectly level but it's almost like they forgot to add 4 or so inches to them. Mine sit inboard similar to the OP above (here it is again, this is the OP not mine).

i-g5mBb54-L.jpg

Mine actually come out to about the middle of the tire looking at it from the rear. The stock tips sit quite a bit further outward which I like. I have the magnaflow back as far as physically possible without modifying hangers. That's really my only complaint and it's not a huge one.

I'll post up a pick of my own when I get a chance. I painted the entire rear section of pipe/tips black to go better with my rig.

GotExhaust.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Reviving this thread again as I just installed my Magnaflow cat back yesterday. Bottom line this was a VERY wise choice for me. Immediately on startup you hear the much lower tone/rumble. Sounds great at idle and WOT and only slightly louder than stock at cruise. I mentioned in another thread how easy dealing with GotExhaust was. Great price and 1 day delivery!

The install took me way too long as I have 3 winters worth of salt/corrosion on the factory exhaust. At the resonator connection you have to spin the stock exhaust counterclockwise as there's a pin/slotted grove connection on the flange there. I fooled with that forever and in the process managed to mangle the factory 3" band clamp. Make sure you pick up another one before the install if you're in a similar situation corrosion wise. $12 at AdvanceAuto and I was in business. Magnaflow should really include this in the kit IMHO.

Other than that the kit is very high quality and it goes together easily. Factory hangers line up perfectly. I have the tips sitting perfectly level but it's almost like they forgot to add 4 or so inches to them. Mine sit inboard similar to the OP above (here it is again, this is the OP not mine).

i-g5mBb54-L.jpg

Mine actually come out to about the middle of the tire looking at it from the rear. The stock tips sit quite a bit further outward which I like. I have the magnaflow back as far as physically possible without modifying hangers. That's really my only complaint and it's not a huge one.

I'll post up a pick of my own when I get a chance. I painted the entire rear section of pipe/tips black to go better with my rig.

Looks great, mind if we add your picture to our new website photo gallery?

locktech

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Looks great. It gets even deeper after a few hundred miles. Love mine!

Stang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great, mind if we add your picture to our new website photo gallery?

That's the OP's pic, just saying that's how mine look not coming out very far. Didn't have time to get a pic of mine yet which are black. Maybe I can get a pic at lunch here.