Reveal Easter Eggs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wrek

Reaction score
The 3 that I got out of the reveal

- Feb 18
- R

Anything else that I missed.

I think Feb 18th will be order guide or Specs and pricing

4.1 I believe is the 0-60.

R - of course the Raptor R released in 2022

metaphysician

Reaction score
Whew, that was a split second! I would be surprised if the Gen 3 could do 4.1s...maybe the R?

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The 3 that I got out of the reveal

- Feb 18
- R

Anything else that I missed.

I think Feb 18th will be order guide or Specs and pricing

4.1 I believe is the 0-60.

R - of course the Raptor R released in 2022

I think Feb 18th was the original reveal date. They changed the date and didn't bother to change the video. That's now two weeks away, so if they wanted to do something else then, they'd probably announce it now.

OP
OP
W

wrek

Reaction score
Whew, that was a split second! I would be surprised if the Gen 3 could do 4.1s...maybe the R?
You know I am going back and forth on that one. Look at what the tuners can do with the current Raptor ecoboost engine. According to the TFL guys, its the 3rd generation of the HO 3.5 ecoboost. They also mention with the new suspension, it means more power to the ground on pavement and offorad... so who knows.

OP
OP
W

wrek

Reaction score
I think Feb 18th was the original reveal date. They changed the date and didn't bother to change the video. That's now two weeks away, so if they wanted to do something else then, they'd probably announce it now.
Thats pretty lazy of Ford if that is the case.

CatchMeOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No way the 3.5 EcoBoost is getting a 0-60 of 4.1 - that has to be the Raptor R time. I've heard from friends at Ford that they are really struggling to get any more power out of the current 3.5L due to turbo speed limits (while maintaining mechanical limits of the different engine components i.e. peak cylinder pressure, turbine inlet temps, exhaust temps, etc). So very likely we will see at best a 10-15hp increase from the Gen2 (imo). Now the R is gonna be a whole new beast and I could see the 4.1sec 0-60 from that easily.

Also heard the Summer 2022 availability is very optimistic for the R, and it might be closer to end of 2022...FWIW

OP
OP
W

wrek

Reaction score
No way the 3.5 EcoBoost is getting a 0-60 of 4.1 - that has to be the Raptor R time. I've heard from friends at Ford that they are really struggling to get any more power out of the current 3.5L due to turbo speed limits (while maintaining mechanical limits of the different engine components i.e. peak cylinder pressure, turbine inlet temps, exhaust temps, etc). So very likely we will see at best a 10-15hp increase from the Gen2 (imo). Now the R is gonna be a whole new beast and I could see the 4.1sec 0-60 from that easily.

Also heard the Summer 2022 availability is very optimistic for the R, and it might be closer to end of 2022...FWIW
key word is current.... its suppose to be the next generation of the HO 3.5

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Well we know that compression has been increased. 10.5:1. And new intake tracks and exhaust. ...