Retrofitted Temp Display Knobs to my '22

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ShadySidekick

Reaction score
I just received one from Ebay and after installing, the buttons for AC, heated steering wheel, heated seats, and cooled seats didn't work. Figured it was defective and tried to return but the seller stated they confirmed with ford that you have to get it programmed due to being a new unit. I found one other person on the F150 forum page who had the same issue so I'm inclined to believe this is the case. I don't want to live without those buttons for now so I reinstalled the old one and will try to bring it to the dealer to see if they can install and program. Plug and play might come down to the HVAC controllers that came from another vehicle

ihoffland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great. does the screen still pop up the temp changes? That's the most annoying part of the whole thing.

Also, When is the hidden winch mount going to be in stock?

vgzprt

Reaction score
I also got a unit from eBay but different part #ML3T-18C612-DE after installation only a few of the buttons worked. So after reading on forums, looking on the net and asking around. I went to Ford #1 dealer said they will not program a 2021 part that does not belong in my 2022. #2 dealer said that it can't be done?????? why not!!
So I decided to try to do it with Forscan I downloaded 2021 Raptor HVAC As Built data and loaded it to my 2022 HVAC module. At first I was getting an error Procedure interrupted e-mailed for scan got a test version 2.3.48 and it worked out great. Everything is working no codes or issues (at least for now).

IMG_7999.jpeg

DCM

Reaction score
I also got a unit from eBay but different part #ML3T-18C612-DE after installation only a few of the buttons worked. So after reading on forums, looking on the net and asking around. I went to Ford #1 dealer said they will not program a 2021 part that does not belong in my 2022. #2 dealer said that it can't be done?????? why not!!
So I decided to try to do it with Forscan I downloaded 2021 Raptor HVAC As Built data and loaded it to my 2022 HVAC module. At first I was getting an error Procedure interrupted e-mailed for scan got a test version 2.3.48 and it worked out great. Everything is working no codes or issues (at least for now).

View attachment 357325
Where did you get the 2021 data to use?

DCM

Reaction score
Finally got around to doing this. Found out a couple of things in the process. I think a few people are getting lucky with an ebay unit from a salvage vehicle that is already programmed correctly and is plug and play. Most of the ebay units are either not programmed at all or the programming is not correct for our trucks. On these units, the codes for the HVAC module will have to be written, but your existing as built codes will work. You do not need to get codes from a 2021 VIN. Just use Forscan to write the codes saved from your original configuration, turn the truck off, and restart. Also pay attention that there are 2 parts of the the HVAC code to write to the new module. I overlooked the second one on my first try. After I figured that out, everything worked great.

jnrush16

Reaction score
My OCD nature wants to add these back in. Looks super sharp. Does anyone know if it’ll void the trucks warranty?