Retrofitted Temp Display Knobs to my '22

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raisins

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My OCD nature wants to add these back in. Looks super sharp. Does anyone know if it’ll void the trucks warranty?
No.

I also highly doubt Ford techs would notice a difference in the knobs.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I installed mine this morning, and after some frustration I realized I was just an idiot and the truck needs to be running for the heated and cooled seats, along with the heated steering wheel button to work.

After flashing information from a 2021 truck, and then going back to mine, only to start the truck to go for a drive and hit the button...

Everything works with my original ADB data.

Last edited:

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone know the difference between the DE and DF parts?
Mine ends with TB. Hope I don't need a shot. I don't know of what differences there may be.

Attachments

• PXL_20230316_123841702.jpg
    PXL_20230316_123841702.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 39

Danlwells

Reaction score
I installed mine this morning, and after some frustration I realized I was just an idiot and the truck needs to be running for the heated and cooled seats, along with the heated steering wheel button to work.

After flashing information from a 2021 truck, and then going back to mine, only to start the truck to go for a drive and hit the button...

Everything works with my original ADB data.
How long did it take you to install the new unit?

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How long did it take you to install the new unit?
Once I stopped being a **** and yanked off the trim piece on the dashboard, it was a few bolts out, a few bolts in, and then shoving it all back together. I'd say going slow and getting a headlamp and being all prissy about everything, under 45 minutes. That includes restoring my factory file to the new module through FORScan and all. Absolutely well worth it for the little digits in my eyes.

FRaptorArg

Reaction score
Hi i have 2022 Raptor i see have different models to choose
ML3Z-19980-K , ML3T-18C612-DE or other i see here DF ( check and this DF one dont have steering W heated).
the firts two have Steering wheel heated, heat and cold seat.

Last edited:

The MuffinMan

Reaction score
What if you don't have a heated steering wheel? (my 23 didn't come with one because of the chip shortage according to the sales person) Or is this all we need to make the wheel heated?

ekalb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What if you don't have a heated steering wheel? (my 23 didn't come with one because of the chip shortage according to the sales person) Or is this all we need to make the wheel heated?
Post #219 will show you everything you need to get the heat working in your 2023. I just did it a few days ago. Incredibly easy swap. After doing it once, I'm guessing I could swap all the necessary parts in under 20 minutes now. While you have everything apart, you may want to consider adding the missing ambient lighting as well. it's a bit more time consuming, but I think a worthwhile upgrade.