Reset Door Passcode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorDawgMatt

Reaction score
Recently purchased CPO 2017 and unfortunately forgot to ask the dealer to help me reset the passcode on the door lock. When I try to do this inside the vehicle it prompts me to enter the factory number in order to do the reset. After some YouTube searching it would appear that locating this number requires the removal of the plastic cover on the outside wall of the passenger side footwell. Not totally comfortable pealing this back for fear of breaking any of the plastic clips. Is there any other way that this code can be retrieved?

OP
OP
RaptorDawgMatt

RaptorDawgMatt

Reaction score
Just went though the manual and all other paperwork in detail and could not locate anything that looked like a security card containing the original code. Should the dealer be able to look it up via the VIN?

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just went though the manual and all other paperwork in detail and could not locate anything that looked like a security card containing the original code. Should the dealer be able to look it up via the VIN?
Yes, unless someone else changed it, then they will have to reset it via the computer with proof of ownership.

OP
OP
RaptorDawgMatt

RaptorDawgMatt

Reaction score
Actually, no. The factory preset code is permanent. When you add your own, there are two codes. The dealer can interrogate the computer and print out the code for you.

Dealer confirmed that they can help me reset the code. Thanks.

IU89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kearny Mesa Ford in San Diego just quoted $199.99 to lookup factory code to allow me to create my own entry code. UFB. Said “it’s quite involved” and they’d need the truck for the day . Total BS.

Need to find my preowned truck factory code to reset it.

Nothing in owners manual and some of the info still wrapped in plastic.

Any guidance is appreciated.