Any way to reset factory door pin?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squad21

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
God info as I bought mine and didn't have any of the manuals in it.

SkyPilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My understanding from my dealer is also you don’t change the original factory code. You just add on your favorite codes to the original.
So if that is true something to consider…. The rocket scientists that stole your manual will have access to your truck anytime in the future if you don’t change it. Ford has to have a solution for this!!!

OP
OP
C

Chrissss126

Reaction score
My understanding from my dealer is also you don’t change the original factory code. You just add on your favorite codes to the original.
So if that is true something to consider…. The rocket scientists that stole your manual will have access to your truck anytime in the future if you don’t change it. Ford has to have a solution for this!!!
So, just a little bit of an update. I took it to Ford first thing in the morning on Saturday and I spoke with 2 techs and they confirmed what the original tech said. They took my truck and I was relieved thinking this nightmare was over. They called me about an hour later saying they were wrong. All they could do was open my door panel and cut wires. Essentially, the talked out their ass and had no idea. Kinda seems like I'm SOL with this.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Swap out the BCM.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So, just a little bit of an update. I took it to Ford first thing in the morning on Saturday and I spoke with 2 techs and they confirmed what the original tech said. They took my truck and I was relieved thinking this nightmare was over. They called me about an hour later saying they were wrong. All they could do was open my door panel and cut wires. Essentially, the talked out their ass and had no idea. Kinda seems like I'm SOL with this.
It's hard coded in the BCM.

I was suprised when you said the dealer could do it. I figured they were talking out of their ass and only thought they could do it, but gave them the benefit of the doubt thinking maybe Ford has changed something in that regard over the years.

Apparently not.

The FRF hivemind outperforms the dealership yet again.

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Moral of this story is don't leave the card in the truck and may be best to snap a photo of the code (save) then on the passenger side of truck scratch it out or cover it with a dummy code!

Last edited:

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Parking your vechiles inside a garage that you own is the best way to prevent this.

I won't buy a vechile I can't put in my garage(s).

Leaving a $50K+ vechile parked outside 100% of the time is insane IMO.

OP
OP
C

Chrissss126

Reaction score
Parking your vechiles inside a garage that you own is the best way to prevent this.

I won't buy a vechile I can't put in my garage(s).

Leaving a $50K+ vechile parked outside 100% of the time is insane IMO.
Thanks for the advice! Didn't think about this

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm sure you did. :)

I bought my house because it had a huge garage. Back when mortals could access the full MLS, I could serach for houses with 4+ car garages and found this one. It had the typical original 2 car garage, with a oversized 2 car added onto that later by the PO.

I just look at the guy on the main road I use in our neighborhood everyday- he's had a 2017 leadfoot that has been sitting out in the sun, ice, hail etc for the last 6 years. Meanwhile his garage is full of random boxes and shit that's probably not worth $1000 if you sold it all.

Garages are for vechiles, yet everyone leaves their shit outside. It's so weird. I guess in the end most people's cars aren't worth jack shit when they trade them in, so why keep them inside anyways is probably their logic.

I built a nice big shed that holds all the stuff most people have occupying their garage. I have 4 vehciles in garages now, and I want to build another 3 car gargare behind my house.