Removing Vinyl FORD letters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JD NYC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heads up guys if your FORD letters have a vinyl covering and decide to remove it back to the OEM gray , RESEARCH on how to peel off , two much pressure with the heating gun or lack of patience will strip off the paint. WARNING.

OP
OP
JD NYC

JD NYC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep some That paint coating is very thin , it ripped trough mine but I’m not to worried because I’m painting it black ASAP , if not you would have to strip off the original paint on the FORD letters and either repaint or revynl, looks like shit to put another vinyl coat if it’s paint chipped.

Raptorny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep some That paint coating is very thin , it ripped trough mine but I’m not to worried because I’m painting it black ASAP , if not you would have to strip off the original paint on the FORD letters and either repaint or revynl, looks like shit to put another vinyl coat if it’s paint chipped.
you talking about the grille or the tailgate?

OP
OP
JD NYC

JD NYC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The grille I had the issue, I can’t even look at the letters at the moment because you can see the marks , at the moment I have a temporary cover up in vinyl but it needs to be painted.
I have an appointment next week to price out all the work , rear bumper I don’t think it’s paintable after market honey comb riggered black.