removing fender flares

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

troycrna

Full Access Member
Reaction score
was gonna get mine color matched but they look like a bitch to remove. Should I just take them to the autobody and have them take care of it or remove them myself.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They definitely are a bitch to remove, but it can be done. I found a little access hole in the front where I could stick my arm all the way up in there like inseminating a cow. Then, your fingers can easily un-do the clips.

If you're anything but a bean pole like me, you'll definitely need to go another route. They do come off and it's somewhat easy once you get the hang of it, but I broke more than my fair share of little clips.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I got mine off in about 10 minutes without breaking a single clip. What you have to do is first pop the "Christmas tree" clips that are on the inside edge of the wheel well and remove the screws. Break those clips and forget about them they aren't reusable anyway.

Then, starting from the back of the flare gently pull straight out and you're going to pull the first clip right out of the fender. This is where you risk breaking one but again those are replaceable.

Once you have the first clip popped you can use a clip tool(like a dentist hook) and just negotiate the rest of the yellow clips out of the fender one by one by pressing the sides out one at a time.

When you get to the grey clips do the same or if you have a hard time just slide the fender off the clips by sliding it up and out. Do not break the grey clips they are hard to find.

Lastly you will encounter some pesky 3m tape at the very front of the front flares. Use a small plastic knife to just separate the tape.

Sent from my right thumb using Tapatalk.

Squid 3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found a little access hole in the front where I could stick my arm all the way up in there like inseminating a cow. Then, your fingers can easily un-do the clips.

Wait , what?

justuspost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just used a body plug removing tool to remove the clips. My gorilla helper broke two white clips (front), but the other two are fine. I bed lined mine and they look good. Don't break or lose the clips other than the Christmas trees. They are not replaceable. I have searched high and low. The only option is to buy a new flair which comes with them. I special ordered the whole set of clips from the dealer. They gave me 4 bags of Christmas trees. Then I ripped them off and there were all kinds of clips I didn't have. I went back and asked them about it and they were confused. After much research, they realized those clips are on permanent back order and not obtainable. G... Thanks.. I'm lucky no more were destroyed when we yanked them off. Even missing one clip each, they feel as tight as new and went back on easily with a rubber mallet and new Christmas trees.

95c9a5b361cc615a5fa4040249ae15d8.jpg

78173081d65244e7d77e98dd923b7335.jpg

17848038e6104b694a4a2c3a3a70ce51.jpg

2facf29c52588377b119a1561ee78cae.jpg

8047f0e1ae7afb42132f1adb00ed4592.jpg

65d762bd54a3d77aa7de6c2a0060cece.jpg