GEN 2 Remove your locks or lose you stuff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will likely do something like this. The negative is they will likely cause more damage attempting to pry out the handle.

In door lock security plates
i got em all 4 doors.. its the jimmi jammers. going to remove locks too and run aux leads to battery
$125 bucks ain't to bad for another level of defense

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
LMAO! Anti-gunner couldn't be further from the truth. I am as pro-gun as you can get. I am a sponsored competitor in both USPSA and Steel Challenge. So yeah, I actually get paid to shoot. Between my wife and I we average about 60k rounds annually in our handguns. Regarding Portland, you did get that one right. A liberal cesspool is too kind.

That's actually really cool. Sounds like you are well qualified to lecture others on gun safety. But please do us all a favor and keep it at that. I really don't like the "you shouldn't have guns" talk. There are far too many people out there who think none of us should have guns, after all.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i got em all 4 doors.. its the jimmi jammers. going to remove locks too and run aux leads to battery
$125 bucks ain't to bad for another level of defense

You could put deadbolts on the doors but that still wouldn't change the fact windows are the weakest link and easiest way to break into a vehicle. Best defenses is not giving the bad guy a reason to break into your vehicle. Take your stuff with you or hide it. Bad guys case parking lots looking for stuff to steal, they don't break into random cars hoping to get lucky.

OP
OP
F

Fly5150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bad guys case parking lots looking for stuff to steal, they don't break into random cars hoping to get lucky.

That's exactly what they did. Nothing was visible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
No idea if applies in this case, but keep all stickers and decals off of your vehicles. Something as simple as an NRA stickers can make the bad guys consider your vehicle as a target. Anything that indicates an expensive hobby is a bad idea. Stay under their radar as much as possible.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
they are out stealing your shit because they are too stupid to do anything right. having more than one full minute of thought on how and why they did it, is 30-45 seconds longer than they thought about it.

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could put deadbolts on the doors but that still wouldn't change the fact windows are the weakest link and easiest way to break into a vehicle. Best defenses is not giving the bad guy a reason to break into your vehicle. Take your stuff with you or hide it. Bad guys case parking lots looking for stuff to steal, they don't break into random cars hoping to get lucky.
true but todays idiots don't mess with windows. its to messy and alarm for sure will go off. defense in depth or layers is always the best strategy. whats $100 to stop some kid with a screw driver breaking into your ride. worth it to me.. u must not live in the south. yes they do just break into your shit just to do it.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
they are out stealing your shit because they are too stupid to do anything right. having more than one full minute of thought on how and why they did it, is 30-45 seconds longer than they thought about it.

Exactly, criminals are impulsive, lazy, and looking for instant gratification. They're not methodical and going car by car. Too much effort and risk in that method. They'll walk the parking lot and smash the first window that has a purse or computer bag begging to be stolen. They only have time to hit a few cars before raising suspicion so they focus on the easy scores.

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

That's exactly what they did. Nothing was visible.

They probably saw you get out of the truck and targeted you for some reason. Out of state plates on a road trip suggests lots of loot. Since they ignored your other valuables and went straight for your gun, there must have been a reason they knew it was there. It's easy to assume criminals are stupid, but some of them are pretty good at what they do.

OP
OP
F

Fly5150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly, criminals are impulsive, lazy, and looking for instant gratification. They're not methodical and going car by car. Too much effort and risk in that method. They'll walk the parking lot and smash the first window that has a purse or computer bag begging to be stolen. They only have time to hit a few cars before raising suspicion so they focus on the easy scores.

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

They probably saw you get out of the truck and targeted you for some reason. Out of state plates on a road trip suggests lots of loot. Since they ignored your other valuables and went straight for your gun, there must have been a reason they knew it was there. It's easy to assume criminals are stupid, but some of them are pretty good at what they do.

I'd like to agree with you. The truck has no plates, and we had been in the restaurant like an hour and a half before this happened. The guns never moved from the console since we entered Texas, no stickers or other bs on the truck. I'm guessing it was due to the ****** locks. Hit mine and got lucky. Didn't take anything else because the alarm was going off.