Regular F150 Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

amschind

Reaction score
I found this forum while looking over front differentials for a new Powerboost. I live in East Texas, so I can get away with a truck that doesn't have the same trail or rock abilities as a Raptor in favor of something a little closer to a car (I have to drive long distances for work).

I really like the Raptor and Tremor because of the focus upon well engineered solutions as opposed to regular trucks that are often tall but gain little off road ability for it while sacrificing reliability. I will contribute where I can (I drove an Exploder with front/rear Truetracs for years and ONLY 4A, so if nothing else I can help to dispel torque steer myths). My goal is to figure out which parts or ideas on a Raptor make sense for my use case and get input from folks who use them in the real world.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I found this forum while looking over front differentials for a new Powerboost. I live in East Texas, so I can get away with a truck that doesn't have the same trail or rock abilities as a Raptor in favor of something a little closer to a car (I have to drive long distances for work).

I really like the Raptor and Tremor because of the focus upon well engineered solutions as opposed to regular trucks that are often tall but gain little off road ability for it while sacrificing reliability. I will contribute where I can (I drove an Exploder with front/rear Truetracs for years and ONLY 4A, so if nothing else I can help to dispel torque steer myths). My goal is to figure out which parts or ideas on a Raptor make sense for my use case and get input from folks who use them in the real world.
I optioned for the limited slip front diff in my 2017 and it torque steers worse than any vehicle I have ever driven.

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know exactly what you are asking? Which Raptor parts will fit on the powerboost, specifically differentials?

Powerboost has a regenerative braking system, trade it in if you want to upgrade mechanical components.

OP
OP
A

amschind

Reaction score
I realize that was confusing, as I was trying to condense A LOT into an intro. I'll ask a far more detailed version of this on a different thread that's dedicated to it. I'll also try to share what I learn in case it's useful to folks here.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You only buy a raptor for two reasons.

1. Starbucks trips @CoronaRaptor lol
2. SEND IT.

You arent getting 25mpg
You arent towing anything tow worthy
You arent fitting in most parking garages.

Figure out where you fit in and enjoy it my brother. The TREMOR is the Raptors uncle that is wearing a suit that wont get dirty but has wisdom.