Regrets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I figured if I was trading it in, I was going for something opposite spectrum, nimble, sporty, quick, reliable. Honestly the Maverick does nothing for me. Not a fan of the looks. The wife has a very nice TRD 4 Runner so if im getting that offroad itch, at least I have an option, plus its not mine so I can trash it..hahaha
I was thinking more from an efficiency and utility standpoint. But if you don’t need the utility and want something sporty, obviously the Si wins out on that aspect.

It would be a good practice to check your oil at regular intervals; the Honda 1.5T has had some serious issues with fuel diluting the oil and causing the level to rise, in many cases to the point of setting DTCs. This is Honda’s answer:

“You may periodically notice that the engine is operating with the oil level above the “upper” mark when checking the oil by the dipstick. This is a normal condition for this class of engine and will have no adverse effects on engine performance or long-term engine durability.”

Typical response of a company avoiding responsibility. Even a small amount of fuel in the oil can increase internal engine wear, never mind being to the point where the crankcase is overfilled with fuel.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh, we know that by now mister "I'd never be caught dead in a Gen 2, because it would trigger my insecurities". Add that on top of your baseless claims that manufacturers should design engines for aftermarket modifications that grossly exceed their factory capabilities, while blaming the OE for said failures.

Nobody is interested in your nonsense claims. Even a stock Gen 2 runs 5.2 to 60 and 13.9 in the 1/4 at 100. With your aftermarket supercharger kit add on, your pig iron Gen 1 engine is well over 700lbs. A tune only Gen 2 is in the 12's, save your baseless claims for someone misinformed or gullible enough believe them.
This child is why the IGNORE feature exists.

Louisiana Barefoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well its been a week now since I traded the truck in. All I have is regrets. I did it for all the right reasons. Between moving to SC, making money for nice chunk of change to go toward a down payment for the new home, and saving $120+ each week at the pump, it really was the best decision. With all that said the regret has still set in hard. I even had a dream last night I still had it, and woke up pretty sad..haha.

I will also miss FRF(I suspect I will still lurk from time to time). Lots of help and lots of laughs here, especially from those crazy Canadian raptor owners. The pit in my stomach is still there just thinking about it.

RIP
View attachment 348164

The new rideView attachment 348165
I like the color. Almost Lead Foot Grey. IMO it would look great on 35s. You should have swapped out before the trade.

BoostedToy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, god forbid someone construct a argument based on facts instead of fallacies.
Not sure why there is a caustic reaction from some to the Gen II (and III’s, to a lesser extent). Look at the objective comparison on paper with measurements such as hp/trq, weight, suspension, frame…

My 590+hp Stage II Roush (likely in the 625hp range) Gen I runs great for what it is. I also acknowledge a friend has a Cobb-tuned, stock turbo, stock most everything else, will run right with my truck until about 90mph, where I slowly begin to walk away until we quickly run into the speed limiter (it’s not like we’re doing 30-130 roll races!).

I will provide the board with an objective and subjective review of the ‘22 TRX when it arrives and I have some seat time in it. It’s the closest to a Gen I.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Only close in terms of cylinder count.
Exactly. The Gen III Hemi was designed to be used in performance applications from the start, as well as truck applications, similar to the Ford Coyote 5.0 or GM's LS series engines.

The Ford 6.2 was designed only to replace the 5.4 as the base engine in Super Duty and E-Series. In fact, it's no longer available in E-Series as of 2023, since it didn't have enough torque in comparison to the V10. The new 7.3 Godzilla is now standard.

BoostedToy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should have been more clear. Closest thing to what most who desire an updated V8, Baja capable muscle truck that makes all the right sounds. I still think the Gen III EB is a more capable Baja runner, but I will be on-road 99+% of the time with some occasional off-road fun. Looking for a big, fun, updated, reset on mileage (I’m at 150k but may still have a lot more in it) version of my Gen I. It feels closer to my heavy 2013 SC truck then a Gen II or III.

Hellcat 6.2 oversquare engine has proven reliable albeit I haven’t seen a really high mileage example yet (have seen 200k though), ZF (95) 8-speed has been very robust and reliable. Dana 60 out back. Fuel economy isn’t its strength but I’m not buying it for that.

I’m saying all this to end with my Gen I’s (one stock, second and Roush Stage II), have been the favorite vehicles I have owned outside of a ‘94 Supra Turbo (I’ve built several cars in the 800-1500hp range).