Red/brown dots all over my truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
That's basically the same thing. Sodium Hypchlorite ...except way stronger. Vinegar might work. Or hydrogen peroxide. Or even rubbing alcohol diluted with water. There's also those mold killer sprays they sell at the home depot which some of them are even safe enough to drink.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just nit picking here Birdman, but I meant Green Out as in Algaecide not Shock which some bags say Green out.

There is Pink Out, Black Out, Yellow Out, all depends on what type of fungus is going on.
Maybe they should try the black and pink out since it's grey and red spots.

And those Clorox wipes are not full strength they are meant for hand use.

Last edited:

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Just nit picking here Birdman, but I meant Green Out as in Algaecide not Shock which some bags say Green out.

There is Pink Out, Black Out, Yellow Out, all depends on what type of fungus is going on.
Maybe they should try the black and pink out since it's grey and red spots.

And those Clorox wipes are not full strength they are meant for hand use.

:) It's ok I was just nitpicking too. I used to be a commercial pool operator so I know what you mean now.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
url

MC B2K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once you’re rid of the spores, the best way to avoid a re-appearance is to stay clear of wood mulch. If you use it in your yard, don’t have it near the house or driveway, turn it and break it up regularly to aerate it and dry it out, and completely replace it every year. If that sounds like too much work, use stones for landscaping instead.

https://www.google.com/search?q=art...4L8jY2gXLkoGIDw&ved=0CFcQsAQ&biw=1420&bih=867

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Or you could use recycled rubber mulch. It's made from old car tires and can be dyed various colors. And it lasts forever.

OP
OP
DesaRaptor

DesaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya, we don't use mulch, but the neighbors across the street do. I have been parking in the street lately because of a cypress tree leaking sap on my truck at night. Kind of like jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

I will not park near that neighbor anymore, and I will just deal with the sap, much easier than the Teenage Ninja Fungus.

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ya, we don't use mulch, but the neighbors across the street do. I have been parking in the street lately because of a cypress tree leaking sap on my truck at night. Kind of like jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

I will not park near that neighbor anymore, and I will just deal with the sap, much easier than the Teenage Ninja Fungus.

Just got my cover "California Car Cover" it's great. 99% water and dust proof. Takes about 2 minutes to put on, less to take off. I have trees that drip sap too in the summer. Plus truck stays cleaner longer.

OP
OP
DesaRaptor

DesaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got my cover "California Car Cover" it's great. 99% water and dust proof. Takes about 2 minutes to put on, less to take off. I have trees that drip sap too in the summer. Plus truck stays cleaner longer.

Thanks, I'll look into one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD