Recommended 37" AT Tire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dav1000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t think the factory Bfg is the same as a bfg you would get at a tire place. It’s probably a lot lighter. Ive heard that when a tire company has a contract with Ford or whoever, they make the the tires to certain specs from the manufacturer, it’s usually lighter and softer, for a better ride, and probably cheaper to make. So any tire you buy will probably be heavier than factory, even if you replace with the same size bfg. I could be wrong though. Has anyone ever weighed the stock tires? Curious to see if the specs are the same as the bfg sold to the public.

MKW1456

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t think the factory Bfg is the same as a bfg you would get at a tire place. It’s probably a lot lighter. Ive heard that when a tire company has a contract with Ford or whoever, they make the the tires to certain specs from the manufacturer, it’s usually lighter and softer, for a better ride, and probably cheaper to make. So any tire you buy will probably be heavier than factory, even if you replace with the same size bfg. I could be wrong though. Has anyone ever weighed the stock tires? Curious to see if the specs are the same as the bfg sold to the public.
The factory BFG tires (35 or 37) are specifically made for these trucks and are load range C. You can buy the oem load range C tires (available through most tire shops). They also sell the same tires in load range D (slightly stiffer side wall). The weight difference, though, I’m not sure on.

DougDimmadome

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Strangely enough, identical. same shaft diameter, same frame dimensions. I have an every option 35 package avalanche.
I wonder if you got the lucky end of manufacturing constraints or if there’s more out here like this. Is there any way at a glance for me to go look at my truck to tell if mine is the same?

DougDimmadome

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just looked under my truck and while I didn’t measure, my rear shock upper mounts and rear shock bodies are orange so I’m thinking that’s 35 pack shocks. From what I can tell the 37 packs are black bodied and the pan hard bar is flattened
Strangely enough, identical. same shaft diameter, same frame dimensions. I have an every option 35 package avalanche.
Can you post pictures of your front and rear shocks?