Recommended 37" AT Tire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tm965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Source on frame being different from a 35 to a 37 package? To my knowledge the only thing different is the 1/16th bigger shock rod diameter, I believe more rebound, and an inch less travel in the front?
theres a slight adjustment in the rear to better accomodate the 37" spare. a 37" spare can fit the 35 frame if it is aired down a bit. some ppl also use a ratchet strap around the tire to squeeze it in

maxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Source on frame being different from a 35 to a 37 package? To my knowledge the only thing different is the 1/16th bigger shock rod diameter, I believe more rebound, and an inch less travel in the front?
From Ford press releases, YT interview with Ford Raptor engineer, etc when the 2021 was announced .. this is why I got the 37PP versus doing it aftermarket. Ford engineer mentioned if people stick 37" tires on a 35, they would also need to install the 37-specific built/tuned shocks if they want to match the handling characteristics of the 37PP

37 has:
*Front shock has larger rod (1” diameter, ⅛” increase)
*different front spring perch
*different front shock valving
*different rear shock valving
*different rear bump stops
*different frame to accommodate spare
*different spare tire mount
*different hitch location

*Running clearance 13.1”
*Approach angle 33.1 degrees
*Departure angle 24.9 degrees
*Breakover angle 24.4 degrees
*Front suspension travel 13”
*Rear suspension travel 14.1”
*Truck height increased by .9”

35 has:
*Running clearance 12”
*Approach angle 31 degrees
*Departure angle 23.9 degrees
*Breakover angle 22.7 degrees
*Front suspension travel 14”
*Rear suspension travel 15”

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
From Ford press releases, YT interview with Ford Raptor engineer, etc when the 2021 was announced .. this is why I got the 37PP versus doing it aftermarket. Ford engineer mentioned if people stick 37" tires on a 35, they would also need to install the 37-specific built/tuned shocks if they want to match the handling characteristics of the 37PP

37 has:
*different hitch location

*Running clearance 13.1”
*Approach angle 33.1 degrees
*Departure angle 24.9 degrees
*Breakover angle 24.4 degrees
*Front suspension travel 13”
*Rear suspension travel 14.1”
*Truck height increased by .9”

35 has:
*Running clearance 12”
*Approach angle 31 degrees
*Departure angle 23.9 degrees
*Breakover angle 22.7 degrees
*Front suspension travel 14”
*Rear suspension travel 15”
What if the weight of the 37 matched that or is lessor than the OEM 35 wheel/tire ?

How often will a Raptor owner bring their truck to the limits where the noted differences may actually make a difference?

Last edited:

BryBurger

Full Access Member
Reaction score

37 has:
*different hitch location .......
Yada yada yada...

Well I would assume the Ford guy would promote a Ford solution over an aftermarket one. Thats a no brainer but how can the aftermarket compare is the real question. Adding taller springs/collar will not quite be the same as the 37PP but it is also NOT that far off either (from a suspension only perspective).

lawraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For all we know with all the parts shortages, I wouldn’t be surprised if some 37’s had 35 parts.
or vice versa. My neighbor has a 37 package, and I have brand new 23 35 package. We have identical spare tire dimensions and the same width shocks.

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Falken Wildpeak AT3W. The best all terrain tire ive ever ran. Have them on 3 vehicles. Amazing in ice/snow/rain, very smooth in C load range, very quite just a few more pounds over the ***** KO2s.

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Falken Wildpeak AT3W. The best all terrain tire ive ever ran. Have them on 3 vehicles. Amazing in ice/snow/rain, very smooth in C load range, very quite just a few more pounds over the ***** KO2s.
They don’t make a 37 C load but do have a D. I believe they’re 10lbs heavier per tire.

willywilson

Reaction score
I've ran nitro terra grappler G2, wild peak at3w and now the k02. The at3w was louder on the interstate. Ko2 so far is the winner. All are good off road and in the snow etc.