Recommended 37" AT Tire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptor730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im extremely happy with Nitto Recon Grappler. Still has the mud look in an AT, low noise, soft tire

MyLord

Reaction score
My falken wild peak AT3’s run smoother and quieter than the stock 35 bfg’s.

Extremely reliable in rain and snow from the reviews I’ve seen. Very happy with them. 37x12.5r18

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My falken wild peak AT3’s run smoother and quieter than the stock 35 bfg’s.

Extremely reliable in rain and snow from the reviews I’ve seen. Very happy with them. 37x12.5r18
Pretty heavy when compared to others on same size. I had them on my Wrangler and they performed well but really slowed the Jeep down.

MyLord

Reaction score
Pretty heavy when compared to others on same size. I had them on my Wrangler and they performed well but really slowed the Jeep down.
I wanted the Toyos cause they weighed the least but no one had them. Back order yada yada. I guess it helps that I’ve got them on some volk te37xt

OP
OP

121x

Reaction score
Surprised by this. Never actually looked at or compared the weight though but not what I would have expected. By the looks of them, they look like they would be a softer compound and a softer ride.

OP
OP

121x

Reaction score
Im extremely happy with Nitto Recon Grappler. Still has the mud look in an AT, low noise, soft tire
I have been looking at these too. I am not a huge fan of the Trail Grappler. The sidewall lugs are a bit more aggressive looking then what I am after. Looking at the tread design being super similar to the Trail - and based on feedback, I am not sure how well it does/would do in slick rainy on-road conditions. Also, it seems everyone has them, when there are other good alternatives on the market. To me I like the more subdued sidewall on the Recon's. However the tread blocks are very similar to the Trail, and again, I question its on-road wet weather handling performance. Also, it seems to me like it would be a rougher riding and heavier tire. So I am on the fence on this one, but it is on my short list.

OP
OP

121x

Reaction score
I am curious about something. Most of if not all 37x20's I come across are an E or F load rating. It seems in most cases only the 37x17's appear to come in a D (and in very few cases a C). My question is, if you run these these E tires at say 30PSI cold, how compliant are they compared to something like a C rated KO2 for example? I do not off-road in areas where an E load rating's heavier sidewall construction and structural rigidity is of value and definitely do not tow heavy enough to justify the load rating for towing capacity with the Raptor.

Thoughts or feedback?

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
E rated and complaint are mutually exclusive in my experience especially compared to a C rated tire. That being said, many of the trucks we run out west are on E rated tires and when aired down they are not bad, but not what a C rated is.

McCarthy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has the 37 PP which came with the BFG All Terrain KO2 37x12.5x17LT 116S Load Range C. I run them at 38PSI.

According to the press releases for Ford, these tires were specifically developed for the Gen 3
If you bought a 35, my frame and shocks/suspension tuning are different then yours so you might have a different experience then me with these tires

I am very happy with the on-road feel during road trips. Very smooth ride. These also handle gravel roads and the snow very well.

Source on frame being different from a 35 to a 37 package? To my knowledge the only thing different is the 1/16th bigger shock rod diameter, I believe more rebound, and an inch less travel in the front?