Rear window slider motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My rear sliding window won't open as of today. It acted up a few days ago, then worked fine, and now it's 100% dead. Switch or motor or fuse I guess. It doesn't make any noise at all when trying to open - it's just dead.

Any idea of which fuse it runs on? My luck it's the motor too!!

GRI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's how mine is. It finally stopped working completely. Is this common? I have to get. A switch . Any places for that

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They have had my Raptor for 1.5 days and not a word on anything yet. The senior tech manager road with me in my truck to discuss my list of issues. He said that the switches for the rear window are a common issue, and they would check that first.

I know it's either the switch or the motor - hell, maybe both!?

I'll be calling over there in a couple of hours.

OP
OP
Backinblack

Backinblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've determined it must be the switch. It works 1 out of 100 times, so it can't be the motor.

Exactly what happened to me. Took ford 3 times to get it right. The motor fried. Replaced the whole rear window. Major PITA as I had 2 amps mounted on the rear bulkhead which I had to re-install after the window went in. New window had a different motor location too. I had to change my amp location.