Rear sway bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Squatting Dog

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is why I have pulled the rear swaybar back off until new leaf packs are installed.. And since it takes maybe 15 minutes to install and remove.. I am planning to document the articulation on the RTI ramp that is going to be at TRR this year..

Stock (front swaybar only)
No swaybars
And front and rear swaybars

We all know that no swaybar will have highest RTI. It will be interesting to see how much travel is lost with the other two combinations..

Then see how the front and rear swaybar do one the course... Hellwig is wanting these results and any areas of concerns/improvements..

I might be bringing a prototype torsion type swaybar to test also.. This is the same type of set up trophy trucks use.. This system will allow full articulation of rear suspension and add anti-sway...

View attachment 18360
This is not the company's product.. This is another companies product for a dodge that will not develop for the Raptor..

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

Last edited:

Fyermanbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is why I have pulled the rear swaybar back off until new leaf packs are installed.. And since it takes maybe 15 minutes to install and remove.. I am planning to document the articulation on the RTI ramp that is going to be at TRR this year..

No swaybars

We all know that no swaybar will have highest RTI. It will be interesting to see how much travel is lost with the other two combinations..

Then see how the front and rear swaybar do one the course... Hellwig is wanting these results and any areas of concerns/improvements..

I might be bringing a prototype torsion type swaybar to test also.. This is the same type of set up trophy trucks use.. This system will allow full articulation of rear suspension and add anti-sway...

View attachment 18360
This is not the company's product.. This is another companies product for a dodge that will not develop for the Raptor..

This is what I use on the race truck and it works fantastic! Easy to tune just change to a stiffer or softer bar. Been thinking about trying one on the raptor. I 'm not sure there is enough room without cutting up the bed though. I'll have to crawl under and take a look, see if there's someplace to put one.

Mil T

Full Access Member
Reaction score

No swaybars

View attachment 18360

John Curry of Curry enterprise designed this type sway bar for rock crawling several years ago. It has proven to be a very good system for off road. Because of the torsion type sway bar it is not causing any ill affects in handling and it becomes very functional as it works with the suspension. One of the features of this type Anti Sway is that it allows the transfer of traction to the opposite rear wheel from the front wheel which creates better traction. Picture a vehicle crawling up a rock and the vehicle is twisted. Say the front left wheel is tucked up into the wheel well and the right front is in a hole extended. Normally the left rear would try to lift up and the right rear would tuck but with this type bar it allows the pressure from the front to transfer to the rear and be able to get traction better than without.
The same principle works with this system when put on the rear. I had been thinking on how this system would work on our trucks. This would definitly be something worthwhile to pursue but again we are looking at something that will allow the truck to handle better and increase speeds and at some point the truck is going to be beyond it's limits for dependability and longevity without going to a full race configuraton suspension and framing. Just my humble opinion.
I personally think that the 3.0's have made a huge difference in body roll but not sure about the understeer.
Hey Dog. When you put the sway bar on did you have stock shocks and springs or 3.0's and progressive springs?

Mil T

Last edited:
OP
OP
Squatting Dog

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
John Curry of Curry enterprise designed this type sway bar for rock crawling several years ago. It has proven to be a very good system for off road. Because of the sway bar it is not causing any ill affects and it becomes very functional as it works with the suspension. One of the features of this type Anti Sway is that it allows the transfer of traction to the opposite rear wheel from the front wheel which creates better traction. Picture a vehicle crawling up a rock and the vehicle is twisted. Say the front left wheel is tucked up into the wheel well and the right front is in a hole extended. Normally the left rear would try to lift up and the right rear would tuck but with this type bar it allows the pressure from the front to transfer to the rear and be able to get traction better than without.
The same principle works with this system when put on the rear. I had been thinking on how this system would work on our trucks. This would definitly be something worthwhile to pursue but again we are looking at something that will allow the truck to handle better and increase speeds and at some point the truck is going to be beyond it's limits for dependability and longevity without going to a full race configuraton suspension and framing. Just my humble opinion.
I personally think that the 3.0's have made a huge difference in body roll but not sure about the understeer.
Hey Dog. When you put the sway bar on did you have stock shocks and springs or 3.0's and progressive springs?

Mil T

I have 3.0 currently on the truck and while they did help there was considerable understeer even with front swaybar deleted.