Rear sway bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Backinblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the Hellwig Performance #7705 rear swaybar a couple of months ago and was initially very pleased how it tightened up the rear. It tracked around tight high speed corners like a dream and made city driving feel like you were in a much lighter vehicle

However, in the wet it's a whole different story. At highway speeds in the rain, the rear end wants to break free, even around small bends. While Powering out and steering into one of these cheap thrills is a lot of fun, it becomes a little dangerous on a busy road.
I'm not sure how the bar affected our electronic driving aids also.
I never took it off-road with the bar, so I can't comment on that
In the end the risk outweighed the reward and I took the bar off. I am relieved to get my old stock setup back. It was engineered that way for a reason but I had to find that out for myself. Beefier leaf-springs may be in my future. Anyone want to buy a rear swaybar?

Backinblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much?

I was sorta joking, bought from SDspring online. I'm in Canada so with taxes duty and shipping came to around $325. Would like to get around $125 for it. Shipping to Texas would be around $70. I think they are around $225 in the States, maybe a better deal for a new one.
Price is negotiable, If your still interested PM me

cups

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I installed the Hellwig Performance #7705 rear swaybar a couple of months ago and was initially very pleased how it tightened up the rear. It tracked around tight high speed corners like a dream and made city driving feel like you were in a much lighter vehicle

However, in the wet it's a whole different story. At highway speeds in the rain, the rear end wants to break free, even around small bends. While Powering out and steering into one of these cheap thrills is a lot of fun, it becomes a little dangerous on a busy road.
I'm not sure how the bar affected our electronic driving aids also.
I never took it off-road with the bar, so I can't comment on that
In the end the risk outweighed the reward and I took the bar off. I am relieved to get my old stock setup back. It was engineered that way for a reason but I had to find that out for myself. Beefier leaf-springs may be in my future. Anyone want to buy a rear swaybar?

I have the national hd springs. Without load in the bed, it bounces and breaks free a lot. If loose in the rain is your concern, beefier springs alone aren't the answer.

Backinblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the national hd springs. Without load in the bed, it bounces and breaks free a lot. If loose in the rain is your concern, beefier springs alone aren't the answer.

Thanks for that Cups, maybe I'll just leave well enough alone. I like the way she drives now.