Rear Sliding Window - Defective

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HMan

Reaction score

Rear sliding window is stuck in open position. All other four windows and moonroof are operational. Checked fuse #47 and it appears ok visually. Brought it by the local Ford dealer and their quick assessment (ie. educated guess) was a motor problem. They cannot get to the repair until next week...and rain is in the forecast.

I tried to manually close the window with no luck.

Has anyone experienced a defective rear power sliding window on an F150 and /or Raptor?

Solution?

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Rear sliding window is stuck in open position. All other four windows and moonroof are operational. Checked fuse #47 and it appears ok visually. Brought it by the local Ford dealer and their quick assessment (ie. educated guess) was a motor problem. They cannot get to the repair until next week...and rain is in the forecast.

I tried to manually close the window with no luck.

Has anyone experienced a defective rear power sliding window on an F150 and /or Raptor?

Solution?

I'm sorry it could be under better circumstances but Welcome to SVTO.

Anyhow, I don't currently own a Raptor but I have a Harley F150 and never had an issue with my electric rear glass. The only thing I can suggest is cutting out a piece of plastic from a garbage bag and duck tape it over the over area.

Keep us informed if you will.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome and sorry to hear you are having problems... They make some easy to remove duct tape these days which doesn't leave a mess like the regular stuff. Hope it all works out!

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep... the blue low tack works great! Sorry you are having problems.... let us know how it works out. You have the GREAT benefit of having several Ford Master Mechanics on this forum... they are a lot of help. They (and the other guys here) will shoot straight with you. Welcome to our little club!

Falcon