Rear Seat Latch Broken

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After 136,000 miles, my driver's side rear seat latch broke with it in the upright position. Don't even know where to start. Can someone point me in the right direction?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
is the handle broken, is it moving the mechanism or not? You could try taking off the handle and see if you can move the mechanism with vice grips?

OP
OP
dataustin

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got the replacement part in today (thanks UPS) and for the life of me cannot figure how to get the latches swapped out. Guess I'll call FORD tomorrow and see what they would charge me to swap them out.

Attachments

• IMG_1738.jpg
    IMG_1738.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 41

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I guess the screws are totally different than the scabs, mine doesn't look anything like that. Good luck :)

OP
OP
dataustin

dataustin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks. After some work I was able to get the broken latch out from behind the carpeting and discounted from the existing cable (hoped to just swap the plastic parts and call it a day). There is a lot more going on back there than I had hoped to find... I guess that's why there are no 'how to' videos on the world wide web! lol