Rear ended in less then a month of owning the truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
rook247

rook247

Reaction score
The mustang pulled out in front of me exiting a store parking lot. I had to lock em up or plow into him. Chose the latter of the two. The rest is a little fuzzy. Alls I know is after I got rear ended I pulled off to the side of the road and get out my truck. Walk to the guy behind me as I see the mustang ******** ass. He was in the right lane turn only lane and he hauled ass left. Chased him on foot (before I realized I was fat and out of shape haha) trying to get his plate number. Hopped in the truck and it was off to the races. He got a good jump on me, I even got caught by a stop light. I think I caught him off guard by chasing him. I caught a glimpse of him jumping on the highway and as soon as he saw me he started weaving through traffic. It didn't take much encouragement for cars to move out of my way though. He knew he was had so he finally pulled over. When we stopped on the side of the road there was a big plume of black smoke that shot past my truck. Turns out that's from where he bumped my rear tire. Something is bound up in the rear end.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
The mustang pulled out in front of me exiting a store parking lot. I had to lock em up or plow into him. Chose the latter of the two. The rest is a little fuzzy. Alls I know is after I got rear ended I pulled off to the side of the road and get out my truck. Walk to the guy behind me as I see the mustang ******** ass. He was in the right lane turn only lane and he hauled ass left. Chased him on foot (before I realized I was fat and out of shape haha) trying to get his plate number. Hopped in the truck and it was off to the races. He got a good jump on me, I even got caught by a stop light. I think I caught him off guard by chasing him. I caught a glimpse of him jumping on the highway and as soon as he saw me he started weaving through traffic. It didn't take much encouragement for cars to move out of my way though. He knew he was had so he finally pulled over. When we stopped on the side of the road there was a big plume of black smoke that shot past my truck. Turns out that's from where he bumped my rear tire. Something is bound up in the rear end.

Get in trouble for doing that from the cops?

OP
OP
rook247

rook247

Reaction score
Get in trouble for doing that from the cops?

Nope. Cops said in my case it was a good thing I did. It would have changed liability to the other guy and the guy I chased would've gotten off completely. I asked what I should do in the future and he said to make sure I do it within the law.