Rear ended in less then a month of owning the truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damn, I had mine for 7 months before I got hit, then I got hit twice in less than 2 weeks.... but it was all low speed stuff so no damage done to my truck

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't get hit. I destroy my own stuff.

Sorry to hear about your accident :(

OP
OP
rook247

rook247

Reaction score
I'm assuming the frame is ok. It got hit right on the left mounting bracket for the bumper. We shall soon see. I'm just hoping the rear end is damaged too bad from where the guy hit the tire.

OP
OP
rook247

rook247

Reaction score
I think the tow hook took most of the force. My truck has a bent bumper and the other guys radiator is smashed into his engine. Thanks for all the condolences

Banned
Reaction score
Wow people really need to learn how to drive. I don't even know how some people get their licenses, sure accidents happen, but the amount of silly accidents is getting ridiculous.
Sorry to hear man!

crashmc302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WarSurfer said:
Time for a bed cage and a 4-link

Glass half full. I like it

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

SPRSNK said:
I don't get hit. I destroy my own stuff.

Sorry to hear about your accident :(

I know the feeling. Both of my new F150s took more of a beating than my Bronco ever did. Kinda sad. I hope your damage isn't too extensive tho, rook

Last edited:

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
I'm assuming the frame is ok. It got hit right on the left mounting bracket for the bumper. We shall soon see. I'm just hoping the rear end is damaged too bad from where the guy hit the tire.

I backed my FX4 into a tree pretty damn hard. Don't EVEN ask. It did simular damage sept the bumper gave suffeciantly that I had bark dents in a vertical line from the top of the tailgate to the bottom.

Upon removing the rear bumper, I found the left side trailer hitch bracket sheard, the bumper supports torn and the bumper extentions that run from the hitch outward were both bent. The tow hooks were fine and there was no damage other than the welded on brackets. It was a BITCH to bend back to close to normal on the hitch after a rose bud for some time and a 2 lb sledge. I had to cut off the extended supports which were square tube and all I have is gas torches so I welded up the now beatten back supports. Wow! It had been 30 plus years since I gas welded with a coat hanger! HAhahaaa.

I had to do all that just to get a $400 aftermarket Billy Bob pipe bumper to mount up which I HATED to the day I sold the truck. So get it fixed back stock or spend the cash for a replacement you want and not one you can just live with REGARDLESS of the cost! Good luck and elaborate a little more on the RUN DOWN THE MUSTANG part.

BDRAG