Real - Raptors Delivered!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bdub85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually prefer to drive a car, not be told how to drive it by some gizmo. I want full control without alarms, beeps and alerts going off all the time, not to mention it just adds future problems which amounts to repairs and costs. I've been (legally) driving for 27 years and managed without it. I'm probably in the minority as I actually prefer manual transmissions too, especially with sports cars. And I don't recall the last time I actually used cruise control, even on long highway trips.

Yeah me too that's why I have a gt350.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Raptor Technology Package Includes:
• Lane-Keeping System
• Lane Departure Warning
• Auto High Beam
• Rain-Sensing Wipers
• Adaptive Cruise Control with Collision Mitigation

My wife's QX80 has all of this shit on it, and except for the rain sensing wipers, the rest of it makes driving a real PITA.

Cruise will kit out when driving directly into the sunset/sunrise or if it just rained and it the sun shines directly into the front of the vehicle. Lane departure thingy is constantly jerking you back into the path of that pothole you were trying to avoid. Bells and shit go off if you get too close to the lines making driving at night a joke. Auto high beam function works great unless you are in the hills, then it's worthless.

I will say though, the rain sensing wipers are a cool option, unless you leave the car running and decide to wash the windshield at the gas station. Then the wipers will fight over each other trying to fling the squeegee onto your hood......

Last edited:

Ballistic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive never had any of that fancy shit on any of my cars, But does things like Lane keeping, warning, and adaptive cruse control help with Insurance? Being younger than most on here my insurance rates sucks, even without any tickets..

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A guy I know has a new platinum and he says he can't stand the lane keeping stuff because it fights him when he weaves in and out of traffic.

I'm thinking maybe that's not so bad a thing.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A guy I know has a new platinum and he says he can't stand the lane keeping stuff because it fights him when he weaves in and out of traffic.

I'm thinking maybe that's not so bad a thing.

My platinum had the same stuff, and I will say this: it took me MONTHS to figure out that I had to turn my windshield wipers on myself when it started raining. The thing is with all this new technology, it makes you less in tune with what's going on around you because you get used to the truck doing everything for you. I'm glad my Raptor doesn't do all of this because now I pay attention to what's actually happening and react to it. I think it made me a lazier driver with all the nannies that 'did it for you'. I don't know if this makes any sense, but I actually enjoy the driver experience MORE now that I have to react to things myself....

Enough of my thoughts. Carry on!!!

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I actually added the tech package about 3 weeks after I ordered the truck.

First off all of the features can be turned off independently.

The adaptive cruise is a convenience feature. If you use cruise and run in traffic it's a huge help. If you cant pass a slower vehicle it adjusts your speed to that vehicles speed until you can pass. It eliminates cancel and resume or tapping the decal button and then the accel button

The newer auto high beams are pretty much the shit! They pick up car lights at a reasonable distance, dim the lights and then quickly after the car is gone you're back to high beam. Being someone who like high beams this feature is probably one of the best in the package.

Rain sensing wipers are ok but not great in my opinion. I prefer to be able to adjust the speed on my own. I may or may not use this feature.

Lane keeping and departure is a crutch for me. Driving a little tired or distracted from doing something this features helps keep you on track. That said I don't use it a lot but will use it in certain situations.

Just my opinion of course.

I initially wasn't going to spend the money for this but the more I thought about it the more I figured I'd get enough use out of it to justify the cost.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 17Jake View Post
Raptor Technology Package Includes:
• Lane-Keeping System
• Lane Departure Warning
• Auto High Beam
• Rain-Sensing Wipers
• Adaptive Cruise Control with Collision Mitigation

--

So basically that package is for the lazy non-driving people of the world. Should be standard features for most people these days!

One of the reasons why the new Raptor was marketed first to the Forza video game crowd. You need all the assists you can get from the game because playing to win on your own is too hard.

Its hard paying attention to the lines on the road and staying in between them.

I'm not putting on my hi-beams and wipers if I'm not getting paid for it. America is about unions and if you want me to flip a switch or button you better pay me for it.

Cruise control is hard and confusing. I often wonder what I should do when I come up on a car in front of me that is going slower. Do I hit the brake or turn off the car or jump out and scream RUN to everyone? Its hard to figure out.

Now if Ford could only figure out how to make my Raptor go out on a off-road run without me so I can sit at home and watch Hell's Kitchen I'm sold.

Last edited:

bdub85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the reasons why the new Raptor was marketed first to the Forza video game crowd. You need all the assists you can get from the game because playing to win on your own is too hard.

Its hard paying attention to the lines on the road and staying in between them.

I'm not putting on my hi-beams and wipers if I'm not getting paid for it. America is about unions and if you want me to flip a switch or button you better pay me for it.

Cruise control is hard and confusing. I often wonder what I should do when I come up on a car in front of me that is going slower. Do I hit the brake or turn off the car or jump out and scream RUN to everyone? Its hard to figure out.

Now if Ford could only figure out how to make my Raptor go out on a off-road run without me so I can sit at home and watch Hell's Kitchen I'm sold.

Good thing it's an option you don't have to buy...