New Raptor delivered on Tuesday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

evpATX

Reaction score
First post and first Raptor...Took delivery of a 37PP Avalance color from Delaware to Austin on Tuesday. It had 20 miles when it came off the truck and I've had it 2 days now it has 30 miles. I knew the truck would be loud but I wasn't expecting it to be this loud. My game is thermal hunting for hogs at night and I don't think this Raptor is going to be the ticket. (I know about the quiet setting, but I'm skeptical. I've also read on this forum that some people's truck over time sounds the same on quiet and normal.) My current truck is a 2018 F-150 XLT 2.7 EB.

I'm sure many folks are hunting out of their Raptor so I am curious for folk's thoughts on the noise level for that purpose. We don't shoot them from the truck, but we use the truck to find them. The noise level matters in my experience. On the flip side, much quieter than an ICE Polaris, Mule, etc for sure.

IMG_6265.jpegIMG_6280.jpeg

Last edited:

LayinWatts69

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel the quiet mode is extremely quiet. There's a large difference between the exhaust modes IMO.

There is not a better hunting rig on the market.

I would say congrats on the purchase, that truck is extremely badass. But I guess GLWS?

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Nice truck. They are definitely not quiet though. Even in quiet mode. Rivian is quiet.

These guys don't seem to worried about noise. lol

OP
OP
E

evpATX

Reaction score
Nice truck. They are definitely not quiet though. Even in quiet mode. Rivian is quiet.

These guys don't seem to worried about noise. lol

They are selling a ton of thermal and night vision to afford to buy and shoot a minigun! I know I've contributed to them :D
I looked at a Lightning. Wouldn't make it from my house to my property without a charge. Thought about and drove the F-150 hybrid but you can't control when the ICE comes off and on. You can control it to a degree if you don't press the gas hard, but the battery is very small so the gas is going to come on eventually even if you are just creeping around slowly.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If exhaust volume is your only complaint, go aftermarket with it. Get a more robust muffler and I'm sure someone can make you a custom setup to cut down on sound quite a bit.

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A Nice truck is like a Nice A$$. You gonna turn and look every time you see one.
Nice Truck!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter