Lets be real… Raptors aka fords are pieces of shit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guyzer

Reaction score
I agree that Ford F150s have their issues, the major being cam phasers. I just bought my 4th F150, this one as my first 2018 Raptor 802A with 55k miles. I purchased the Ford extended service plan (ESP) due to it having more parts that could go wrong i.e. twin turbos, sunroof, power seats, powertrain, etc. I didn't realise the Eco V6 engines had cam phaser issues, but after logging 5k miles, I got the dreaded rattle on cold start. The driver seat heater element also stopped working and the seat bolster was squished flat. Thankfully, I was protected with with the ESP warranty coverage and It more that paid for itself in replacing the cam phasers, back and bottom heating element and both cusions. I highly encourage anyone to get the ESP coverage. However, I imagine If I spent time on other major truck brands forums I would find they have their issues as well. I still think the Ford F150 is the best truck out there for me.

Last edited:

G2G3Iconic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is my Second raptor.

First one (gen 2) had cam phasers, seats and steering wheel elements went out, tailgate steps broke, sunroof busted, both wiper nozzles stopped working.

Second raptor with 1K total miles driven thus far and door keypad busted, had the weird audio boom from the B&O and now, this…

Vent over. I don’t want any other truck.

Pulled into my garage last night after a desert run to the Gila river for some recreational target practice with my handy M1A. I was amazed that I could make the trip in an evening out and back on such a rugged trail. Raptor averaged 47mph on flat out nasty terrain. My tacoma and tundra averaged about 10mph on the same road. Caught the 202 loop coming home and thought, this truck is so freaking smooth for what it just accomplished. Went to bed a happy raptor owner. I would personally like to thank this thread for helping me see that all this time I have been duped. I cant believe I am on my third helping of ***** matter.....and my mom said the internet was useless.

4wheelinAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulled into my garage last night after a desert run to the Gila river for some recreational target practice with my handy M1A. I was amazed that I could make the trip in an evening out and back on such a rugged trail. Raptor averaged 47mph on flat out nasty terrain. My tacoma and tundra averaged about 10mph on the same road. Caught the 202 loop coming home and thought, this truck is so freaking smooth for what it just accomplished. Went to bed a happy raptor owner. I would personally like to thank this thread for helping me see that all this time I have been duped. I cant believe I am on my third helping of ***** matter.....and my mom said the internet was useless.
this is exactly where the raptor shines. I'm a first time Ford owner and first time Raptor owner with my 21 37pp. When I take it off-road to bash on it quite a bit, and then jump on then highway home I just have a big smile on my face because of how smooth it is. I was a toyota fanboy once- now i just laugh at those cult members.....